Weight: 320

40 time: 5.2

Visit Date:

Scholarships offered: Nebraska, LSU, Georgia Tech and Florida

Favorites: Committed to FLorida

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: #16/ :star:star:star:star

Bid Red Report:

Assessing the talent: Rivals recently came out with their junior All American list, and it included one of my good buddies that I played with the past three years, Corey Hobbs. He's a 6'5, 320 DT who runs about a 5.2 forty and benches I'd say around 350. Big guy, can be dominating if he chooses to be. Should be a five star guy next year. I've been trying to talk him and Andy Lark (another buddy of mine, 6'1 275 DT who benches 460 legally and runs a 4.8) into checking out NU. Right now it looks like Hobbs to Florida and Lark to Georgia Tech, but it's very early, so anything can change.

I'll keep ya'll updated.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 1%

• 1 month later...

Is it me or does this guy renmind me of one of the Peter brothers :horns2  :horns2

He's big, slow, and not very strong, so no, he doesnt remind me of freaking Jason Jenkins, let alone Jason or Christian Peter.

If you knew the techniques of football you would know 40 times for a DL is irrelevant.

DL technique comes down to:

*quickess of the feet

*how well they use their hands

*how well the players leverage is.

*"Low pad wins" is a slogan every coach should use.

*Line man to get their second foot down the quickest will win the battle up front

*attitude counts!!

*40 time means nothing

He can bench around 350 pounds and is 17 years old!!! This is not enough for you??? Do you have experience in coaching football? At the high school level??

BTW there is a reason why schools like Nebraska, LSU, Florida have offered him a full ride.

Is it me or does this guy renmind me of one of the Peter brothers :horns2  :horns2

He's big, slow, and not very strong, so no, he doesnt remind me of freaking Jason Jenkins, let alone Jason or Christian Peter.

If you knew the techniques of football you would know 40 times for a DL is irrelevant.

DL technique comes down to:

*quickess of the feet

*how well they use their hands

*how well the players leverage is.

*"Low pad wins" is a slogan every coach should use.

*Line man to get their second foot down the quickest will win the battle up front

*attitude counts!!

*40 time means nothing

He can bench around 350 pounds and is 17 years old!!! This is not enough for you??? Do you have experience in coaching football? At the high school level??

BTW there is a reason why schools like Nebraska, LSU, Florida have offered him a full ride.

Ohhhh FF you gonna take that??

I heard he's got Georgia, Georgia Tech and Florida tops on his list.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

He's raw. I went up against him every day in practice, but he's got a lot of potential. He can be absolutely dominant when he wants to be, and he plays 6A football in Florida, one of the toughest football classes around. I wouldn't doubt his skills, formerfan.

We are also after Andy Lark from Oviedo as a fullback. The summer between his sophomore and junior year he put up 185 47 times at a combine. Now this past year he got second in states (heavyweight) for 6A Florida weightlifting. I've pancaked Hobbs quite a few times before. I could never budge Lark.

• 4 months later...

Favorites: Committed to Florida

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: #16/ :star:star:star:star

Bid Red Report:

Assessing the talent: Rivals recently came out with their junior All American list, and it included one of my good buddies that I played with the past three years, Corey Hobbs. He's a 6'5, 320 DT who runs about a 5.2 forty and benches I'd say around 350. Big guy, can be dominating if he chooses to be. Should be a five star guy next year. I've been trying to talk him and Andy Lark (another buddy of mine, 6'1 275 DT who benches 460 legally and runs a 4.8) into checking out NU. Right now it looks like Hobbs to Florida and Lark to Georgia Tech, but it's very early, so anything can change.

I'll keep ya'll updated.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 1%