DT DJ Jones

Redout

Freeman is right behind him....mark my words. Then Holt will follow. The avalanche will begin soon.

The Huskers have gotten their two main in state recruits they wanted. Jones is number one and Henry is two. This my be it. That kid from Prep is only a soph right now I think.

Excellent job coaches :thumbs:thumbs

• 2 months later...

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_pg=38&u_sid=1457308

From OWH:

Before he had even started his first varsity football game, D.J. Jones already had a scholarship offer from Nebraska.

Central's D.J. Jones impressed Husker coaches enough to earn a scholarship offer. "If you grow up a football fan in Nebraska," said his father, David, "that's every kid's dream."

Before his final season at Omaha Central, the 6-foot-6, 305-pound offensive lineman is already thinking about one day playing in the NFL.

But before thinking of Jones as brash and unprepared for what awaits him, don't get too carried away. Jones isn't.

"You've still got to go to school, and you've still got to do what your parents say," he said. "Nothing is just handed to you."

As he prepares for a senior year under the microscope, Jones seems unfazed by the adulation that has come his way so quickly. He talks of the chance to play football on scholarship as an opportunity, not a reward.

"He is a really hard worker who cares about his teammates, and he cares about what adults think of him, too," Central coach Joe McMenamin said. "You don't always find that in players today. He wants to put his best foot forward."

• 1 month later...

• 3 months later...

hello, I remember last yr when so many UN fans were up in arms because cally & co only offered & signed 3 in-state players (solder, rands & potter)

well, this yr there are also 3 (jones, henry, & young), but there is a good chance that only one will be a husker next yr - that one being jones, especially since young = hawkeyes, & henry = non-qualifier (only 1 in-state kid, wow)

yet, there is a chance that bunner ot mt michael, mohr te genoa, makovicka lb e butler, & bayer lb howells will walk-on. Also, these in-staters along w/ henery p burke (oh), martin dt lin sw (oh), tarpinian qb/s mill n (ia), & enderle qb n platte (id) would have most likely been given a schollie, or asked to gs by solich & co

what say you?

I say if their not Top D-1 talent don't offer just because their from Nebraska. With the 85 ship limit we have to recruit the best players period. If they can get some to walk on and earn schollies than thats all good, but we need to continue recruiting the big 3( Florida, Texas, and Cali) hard.