Go Big Red Recipe For July 29

Roxy

This recipe is really good...adjust measurements to how many people you are going to feed. I am not sure if I have posted this before or not...I don't keep track of the ones I have posted..I just post when I can. I am an eyeball cook at times..so I don't have exact measurements on all the ingredients.

Crockpot Steak & Rice With Shrimp:

I used 2 VERY LARGE ROUND STEAKS & I cut them in 1/2" slices

1-1/2 lbs. FRESH SHRIMP

paprika

butter

garlic; minced-used alot

sliced green onions-used alot

sliced fresh mushrooms

parsley, optional

green peppers cut in strips

beef broth from a can-used 1 can

3 boxes Beef Rice A Roni

water

cornstarch

soy sauce

stewed tomatoes-used 5 cans

McCormick Garlic Pepper Seasoning

Cayenne Pepper

Cajun Spice & Blackening Rub-Alberton's sells it

Sprinkle the steak with paprika as you are preparing the other ingredients. When you are done chopping onions, etc. brown the round steak in butter.

Put the browned round steak in the crockpot and all the rest of the ingredients; except the shrimp & the rice; stir well. Cook on low for several hours-the longer the better-so the steak, if using, becomes real tender.

It takes 15 to 20 minutes to cook Beef Rice A Roni; so plan accordingly. Put the shrimp in the crockpot just till it gets hot. Check it after 15 minutes. We used fresh shrimp that was already cooked. My crockpot was so full & adding the shrimp would of made it overflow -so I just put it all in a big pan and added the shrimp till it was hot.

If you want it thickened...mix some cornstarch with cold water & add some soy sauce to it..mix together and add to the above.

Serve the steak & shrimp mixture or whatever meat that you decide to use, over the Beef Rice A Roni. Sprinkle some parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes over it if you want.