S. Pederson press conference

Pederson is in too deep now. There will be a press conference at 3 pm . I think it will be on webcast 1620 or something along those lines. Look into it if your not in the area.

Also, word on Pelini, unless he is named head coach, he will not return. This from a local Lincoln radion station. Pelini wants a little over a million a year and be able to be let go from his contract at any time.

This from LJS,

"Pelini is still interested in the job, but when asked Saturday by the Journal Star if he had heard from Pederson, Pelini said: "No. I've attempted to contact him three times (since Monday's Alamo Bowl) and haven't heard a word from him.

Pederson will hold a news conference at 3 p.m. to discuss the situation. NU sports information director Chris Anderson said there would be no announcement about a new head coach at that time."

Guest WyomingHusker

I hope everyone listend. This guy SP would make a great Democratic candidate! Someone is lieing! I couldn't watch the press conference but could hear it. Was Pedersons nose growing as he spoke???????

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

Houston DID get a large contract extension after this whole ordeal. But yea, he must

be lying because, well, he is "the man" and "the man" always lies!!!

Get over it guys.

If there is one thing people like to do, it's bitch.

At best the whole situation up to now is a wash. He said this, I said that, blah blah blah.

All I'm saying is that it seems strange to me that Frank Broyles and H. Nutt would lie, and the Vermeel (sp) would lie... Makes no sense that they would lie, they've got no reason... The plane was in Arkansas so what do they have to lie about. I can only see one person with a need to fabricate stories at this point.

Its not that anyone mades sh#t up. There was a plane there he said there was.

The fact that there was an offer or not is debatable. You think it is possible that

the offer was false and was used to get a contract extension?

Wannstedt got an extension, and Al Saunders is a pro coach candidate now because

of this. All because of all the crap that got floated around.

Why would he "need" to fabricate anything? Because the fans are getting upset? Well

I hate to break it, but while the NU fans are important to the program they don't really

have a direct say in how it is run.

I do think that he made mistakes by not telling anyone anything. By doing that you

leave the door open for anyone to come to conclusions that could be completely bunk.

But these things never get back to the person that originated them and it makes

Pederson look like a dick.

I think everyone's got a point. He did lie, but does it really matter. I thought he was a little naive in thinking that nobody would question him about waiting for a decision. What did he think we were all going to sit by silently and be good little boys and girls. He should just have said at the conference he wouldn't start interviewing until after the bowl game.

redout

Here's what Nutt said according to the OWH:

Speculation was rampant Friday as a private plane from NU waited at an Arkansas airport as Nutt pondered his future.

Nutt confirmed Saturday that there had been no offer on the table.

"He didn't actually ever offer me the job, but I'm protecting him a little bit too," Nutt said. "Things would have gotten very difficult if I had gotten on that plane."

redout

Guest WyomingHusker

Ok they didn't lie. He fabricated the truth. Typical politician! And he would make a good one. Steve for Nebraska Govenor! He could negotiate grain prices with the Japs. Maybe, kinda, sorta, well a little, no not really!

The search goes on, but SP did say publicly in an interview that he would have a decision by Sunday. Well guess what he made a decision and Nutt declined. Onward !

Wonder who is next?????? Nuehiesel? (spell check) ex Buff millionare. :lol:

GOD HELP US!