Go Big Red Menu For Sept. 4

Roxy

The first chili recipe I have made and it is really good. The second chili recipe is Mo's and I am sure it is fantastic:) I go by looks of a recipe..so use more or less ingredients according to your taste and how many people you have to feed. Make sure you use a large crockpott. All of this can be made way before the game so you can enjoy watching it:) See Note on Crockpot Chili.

Appetizers:

Seven Layer Dip:

1 pkg. (8-oz.) Cream Cheese, softened

1 T. taco seasoning

1 can (16 oz.s) refried beans

8 flour tortillas (10 inches), room temperature

3 cups shredded lettuce

2 large tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped

2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies

1 cup finely chopped ripe olives

Salsa

In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and taco seasoning until blended. Stir in the refried beans. Spread 3-4 tablespoons over each tortilla. Layer lettuce, tomatoes, chilies and olives down the center of each tortilla; roll up tightly to 2-in. diameter.

Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Cut into 1-in. slices. Serve with salsa. Yield: about 5 dozen.

Taco Dip:

8- oz Cream Cheese, softened

8- oz sour cream

8 -oz taco sauce

1 cup diced tomato

1 cup diced onion

1 cup diced green pepper

1 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese

Black olives

Tortilla chips

First layer: whip together the cream cheese and sour cream until creamy. Spread in a pie or pizza pan.

Second layer: spread taco sauce over cream cheese mixture.

Third layer: spread diced vegetables over all.

Fourth layer: cover with cheese and olives

Chill and serve with tortilla chips, etc.

I have made the Crockpot Chili and it is really good. I go by looks of a recipe so adjust ingredients to your preferance and how many you have to feed. My friend Mo sent me her recipe and I am sure it is fabulous.

Crockpot Chili:

1 pkg. hamburger-I like to use lean hamburger and alot of it.

1 pkg. Farmer John Hot Sausage

Onions, diced

Chili Powder

Pepper

Garlic, minced..I use alot

Celery, cut up

Sliced fresh mushrooms

Green Peppers, chopped

2-14-1/2 oz. cans Del Monte Diced Tomatoes With Zesty Mild Green Chilies

1-30 oz. can Hunts Chili Beans, drained & rinsed

1-28 oz. can Whole Peeled tomatoes

Farmer John Smoked Sausage Hot Links-cut up in thick slices

Cook hamburger & sausage in a skillet; drain grease. Add all of the above & the hamburger sausage mixture in crockpot. Cover the top with chili powder, stir, and cover it again with chili powder; stir again thoroughly.

Add shredded Jalapeno Cheese or Cheddar Cheese to it when you put the chili in your bowl and top with crushed crackers-opt.

*I am guessing on how many cans I used for the tomatoes..so buy more or less according to how many people you have to cook for. Use more or less chili beans..I use the 30 oz. can of chili beans. I have a large crockpot and it is full by the time I get done with putting this together.

*Stewed Tomatoes would work also or use a combination of diced and stewed tomatoes. If they don't have green chilies in them..buy some green chilies in a can and add them...opt.

Mo's Chunky Chili:

1 lb. hamburger

1 lb. sausage

2 medium onions (chopped coarsely)

2 green peppers (chopped coarsely)

3 cloves garlic (pressed)

3 tomatoes (chopped coarsely)

1-28 oz. can whole tomatoes with chilies (chopped up)

1-5-1/2 oz. can tomato paste

1-14 oz. can tomato sauce

1 cup water

1 cup salsa

1-2 T. hot peppers (finely chopped)

2 T. Frank's Hot Sauce

3 T. chili powder

2 tsp.s crushed chilies

4 T. brown sugar

1/2 tsp. black pepper

2 cans Chili Beans (rinsed)

Thoroughly cook hamburger and sausage in skillet; drin fat. In the crockpot, add the hamburger and sausage mixture and the rest of the ingredients and seasonings. Stir thoroughly and cook on low for 6-8 hours.

Bread:

Buy some cinnamon rolls in the tube at the grocery store and bake them or buy some already made.

I have made both of these desserts and they are both good.

Dessert:

Butterscotch Dessert

Melt 1 stick of butter. Add 1 cup flour and 1/2 cup chopped pecans. Press this mixture into the bottom of a 9x13" pan and bake at 325 for 10 minutes. Cool crust. Whip together:

1-8 oz. pkg. cream cheese

1 cup powdered sugar

1 cup Cool Whip

Smear this carefully over crust; cool in refrigerator. HINT: Drop the cream cheese mixture all over the crust in teaspoons, then spread it gently or else the crust will end up being a crumbly mess. Cook 2 small packages of butterscotch or chocolate pudding..your choice..with 3 cups milk and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Pour this over the cream cheese layer. Cool and top with Cool Whip

Butterscotch Chocoate Rice Krispie Bars:

1 cup light corn syrup

1 cup sugar

1 cup peanut butter

6 cups Rice Krispies®

or 6 cups Cocoa Rice Krispies®

1 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels

1 cup butterscotch chips

Directions:

1. Place corn syrup and sugar into 3-quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until sugar dissolves and mixture begins to boil. Remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter. Mix well. Add Rice Krispies cereal. Stir until well coated. *Press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Set aside.

2. Melt chocolate and butterscotch chips together in 1-quart saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly. Spread evenly over cereal mixture. Let stand until firm. Cut into 2 x 1-inch bars when cool.

***All of this can be made way before the game so you can enjoy watching it:)

AS EMERIL SAYS...WHAM AND THERE YOU HAVE IT...ENJOY

The first chili recipe I have made and it is really good. The second chili recipe is Mo's and I am sure it is fantastic:) I go by looks of a recipe..so use more or less ingredients according to your taste and how many people you have to feed. Make sure you use a large crockpott. All of this can be made way before the game so you can enjoy watching it:) See Note on Crockpot Chili.

Appetizers:

1 pkg. (8-oz.) Cream Cheese, softened

1 T. taco seasoning

1 can (16 oz.s) refried beans

8 flour tortillas (10 inches), room temperature

3 cups shredded lettuce

2 large tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped

2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies

1 cup finely chopped ripe olives

Salsa

In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and taco seasoning until blended. Stir in the refried beans. Spread 3-4 tablespoons over each tortilla. Layer lettuce, tomatoes, chilies and olives down the center of each tortilla; roll up tightly to 2-in. diameter.

Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Cut into 1-in. slices. Serve with salsa. Yield: about 5 dozen.

Taco Dip:

8- oz Cream Cheese, softened

8- oz sour cream

8 -oz taco sauce

1 cup diced tomato

1 cup diced onion

1 cup diced green pepper

1 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese

Black olives

Tortilla chips

First layer: whip together the cream cheese and sour cream until creamy. Spread in a pie or pizza pan.

Second layer: spread taco sauce over cream cheese mixture.

Third layer: spread diced vegetables over all.

Fourth layer: cover with cheese and olives

Chill and serve with tortilla chips, etc.

I have made the Crockpot Chili and it is really good. I go by looks of a recipe so adjust ingredients to your preferance and how many you have to feed. My friend Mo sent me her recipe and I am sure it is fabulous.

Crockpot Chili:

1 pkg. hamburger-I like to use lean hamburger and alot of it.

1 pkg. Farmer John Hot Sausage

Onions, diced

Chili Powder

Pepper

Garlic, minced..I use alot

Celery, cut up

Sliced fresh mushrooms

Green Peppers, chopped

2-14-1/2 oz. cans Del Monte Diced Tomatoes With Zesty Mild Green Chilies

1-30 oz. can Hunts Chili Beans, drained & rinsed

1-28 oz. can Whole Peeled tomatoes

Farmer John Smoked Sausage Hot Links-cut up in thick slices

Cook hamburger & sausage in a skillet; drain grease. Add all of the above & the hamburger sausage mixture in crockpot. Cover the top with chili powder, stir, and cover it again with chili powder; stir again thoroughly.

Add shredded Jalapeno Cheese or Cheddar Cheese to it when you put the chili in your bowl and top with crushed crackers-opt.

*I am guessing on how many cans I used for the tomatoes..so buy more or less according to how many people you have to cook for. Use more or less chili beans..I use the 30 oz. can of chili beans. I have a large crockpot and it is full by the time I get done with putting this together.

*Stewed Tomatoes would work also or use a combination of diced and stewed tomatoes. If they don't have green chilies in them..buy some green chilies in a can and add them...opt.

Mo's Chunky Chili:

1 lb. hamburger

1 lb. sausage

2 medium onions (chopped coarsely)

2 green peppers (chopped coarsely)

3 cloves garlic (pressed)

3 tomatoes (chopped coarsely)

1-28 oz. can whole tomatoes with chilies (chopped up)

1-5-1/2 oz. can tomato paste

1-14 oz. can tomato sauce

1 cup water

1 cup salsa

1-2 T. hot peppers (finely chopped)

2 T. Frank's Hot Sauce

3 T. chili powder

2 tsp.s crushed chilies

4 T. brown sugar

1/2 tsp. black pepper

2 cans Chili Beans (rinsed)

Thoroughly cook hamburger and sausage in skillet; drin fat. In the crockpot, add the hamburger and sausage mixture and the rest of the ingredients and seasonings. Stir thoroughly and cook on low for 6-8 hours.

Bread:

Buy some cinnamon rolls in the tube at the grocery store and bake them or buy some already made.

I have made both of these desserts and they are both good.

Dessert:

Butterscotch Dessert

Melt 1 stick of butter. Add 1 cup flour and 1/2 cup chopped pecans. Press this mixture into the bottom of a 9x13" pan and bake at 325 for 10 minutes. Cool crust. Whip together:

1-8 oz. pkg. cream cheese

1 cup powdered sugar

1 cup Cool Whip

Smear this carefully over crust; cool in refrigerator. HINT: Drop the cream cheese mixture all over the crust in teaspoons, then spread it gently or else the crust will end up being a crumbly mess. Cook 2 small packages of butterscotch or chocolate pudding..your choice..with 3 cups milk and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Pour this over the cream cheese layer. Cool and top with Cool Whip

Butterscotch Chocoate Rice Krispie Bars:

1 cup light corn syrup

1 cup sugar

1 cup peanut butter

6 cups Rice Krispies®

or 6 cups Cocoa Rice Krispies®

1 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels

1 cup butterscotch chips

Directions:

1. Place corn syrup and sugar into 3-quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until sugar dissolves and mixture begins to boil. Remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter. Mix well. Add Rice Krispies cereal. Stir until well coated. *Press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Set aside.

2. Melt chocolate and butterscotch chips together in 1-quart saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly. Spread evenly over cereal mixture. Let stand until firm. Cut into 2 x 1-inch bars when cool.

***All of this can be made way before the game so you can enjoy watching it:)

AS EMERIL SAYS...WHAM AND THERE YOU HAVE IT...ENJOY

Can you find me a steak fajita recipe?

I asked my friend Mo and she sent me her recipe. I am going to be busy the rest of the day and will try and keep my eyes open for you. You really can't go wrong with any of Mo's recipes..she is one fantastic cook. If she needs a recipe..she emails me..if I need one.I email her..we help each other out..that is what friends are for:)

You can use beef steak or boneless skinless chicken breasts...Really yummy!!!

Mo's--BEEF -OR- CHICKEN FAJITAS

About 1 1/2 lbs. of beef steak (I use sirloin and I use a bit more, we like them meaty) or 4 Chicken Breasts (boneless, skinless)

¼ cup Beef or Chicken Stock

2 TBSP. Lime juice

2 Garlic Cloves (minced)

1 tsp Cumin

½ tsp Ground Coriander

¼ tsp Pepper

4 Flour Tortillas

2 TBSP Vegetable Oil

1 Onion (thinly sliced)

1 Sweet Red Pepper (cut into strips)

1 Hot Banana Pepper (cut into strips)

¼ tsp Salt

Garnish:

Salsa or taco sauce

1 tomato, chopped

Sour Cream

Slice steak or chicken crosswise into ½” wide strips. In a bowl, combine stock, lime juice, garlic, cumin, coriander & pepper. Add beef or chicken and stir to coat: set aside. Wrap tortillas in foil & warm in 350 degrees oven for 10 minutes or until heated through.

In a skillet, heat 1 TBSP of oil over high heat. Drain chicken, reserving marinade. Pat chicken dry & add to skillet: stir-fry for 4-5 minutes or until no longer pink inside. Remove and set aside.

Add remaining oil to skillet; stir fry onion, red pepper & banana pepper for 1 minute. Pour in reserved marinade; cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until most of the liquid has evaporated. Return beef or chicken to skillet & heat through. Season with salt to taste.

Garnish:

Spoon salsa & tomato over each warm tortilla; top with beef or chicken mixture. Fold up tortillas & garnish filling with dollop of sour cream.

Yield: 4 servings