Chicken Wings-Hot

Roxy

I just found this recipe for hot chicken wings...it is Emerils recipe and it sounds good to me. Go Huskers...hope you all have a fun and safe weekend.

Emeril's Kicked Up Hot Spicy Chicken Wings:

Vegetable oil for deep frying

4 lb.s chicken wings, seperated at the joints, wing timps reserved for another use

1/2 Srirachi Chili Sauce

1/4 cup Chrystal Hot Sauce, or you favorite Louisiana-Style Red Hot Sauce

8 oz.s butter, melted

Juice of half a lemon

1 T. Tabasco Sauce

8 oz.s blue cheese

Juice of half a lemon

8 ribs of celery, cut on the bias into dipping-size batons

Directions

In a deep fryer or large saucepan heat vegetable oil until a thermometer registers 350°F. Rinse chicken wings well under cool water and pat thoroughly dry with paper towels. Fry chicken wings in batches until golden brown and wings float in the oil, about 6 to 8 minutes. Drain well on paper towels.

In a large bowl combine Srirachi sauce, Crystal Hot Sauce, melted butter, juice of half a lemon and Tabasco. Whisk well to combine and pour over fried chicken wings. Allow to sit a few minutes before serving.

While the wings are resting, in the bowl of a food processor combine blue cheese, cream cheese and the juice of half a lemon. Process until smooth and well combined. Serve with celery batons and spicy chicken wings.

Makes 6 to 8 servings.

I am making this tomorrow...buying all of the ingredients, it kinda scared me though, thinking about how hot these puppies are going to be...

They'll have a little heat to them, but not too bad. I would recommend that if you use a plastic bowl to mix these in, make sure it's something you can throw away afterward. Hot peppers tend to leave a residue that is hard to remove even after washing. A good stainless steel bowl is perfect for mixing wings in pepper sauce, because it's non-reactive.