Go Big Red Recipe For Sept. 18th

Roxy

Hot Wings:

12 whole chicken wings (about 2-1/2 pounds)

1 bottle (2 ounces) hot pepper sauce (about 1/4 cup)

1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced

1-1/2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed

1 teaspoon dried thyme

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon pepper

Celery and carrot sticks- blue cheese salad dressing or ranch dressing- optional

Cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tips. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the hot pepper sauce, garlic and seasonings. Add wings; toss to evenly coat. Transfer to a well-greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 30-40 minutes or until chicken juices run clear, turning every 10 minutes. Serve with celery, carrots and blue cheese dressing if desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.

**You can make these easy on yourself and just buy the party wings

I made wings last weekend, however after seeing these and being bored I decided to make these today. I much prefer these, as the baking takes the oily mess of frying out of the equation, and that, coupled with the exclusion of butter, makes these much lighter. I would recommend getting a little liberal with the hot sauce if you like 'em really spicy, and same with the herbs and garlic if you desire added flavor. I also mixed in a tablespoon of olive oil to help coat the wings. I think the turning every ten minutes is key as well.

Delicious, Thanks Roxy!!