Going to First Husker game vs. Pitt!

Just wanted to introduce myself - I've lived in PA for 22 years after living in Kearney for 3 (when I was in 2nd thru 4th grade - very formative years!) Just found out today that I have tickets to the Pitt game this fall - my first game ever, and a big relief that I won't have to drive 1,200 miles wondering if I can get a ticket (Still thanking my wife every day for allowing a "road trip") I haven't been back since 1983 - I can't wait!! I'll be traveling with a Pitt fan - can't wait for him to experience the legendary Husker hospitality. We're planning on getting into town either on Thursday night or Friday morning - I know it's still a long way off, but any suggestions on how to make the most of my Husker weekend (it took 22 years to find somebody willing to make the trip out with me - who knows when I'll be out again!) Looking forward to being a asset to the board!

Since it's going to be your first trip in a while, Friday night start with a special dinner. Misty's in Havelok has the best Prime Rib Dinner. Get there around 7pm and stay till about 10pm. The NU marching band plays periodically throughtout the night in the restaurant. Everyone gets up and claps to the school song. At around 10pm make your way down to SIdetracks on "O" St. Pay your $5 cover, grab and pitcher and listen to the band play the on.

Be up early on game day and just walk around. Listen to it and see it. Red ....everywhere. Beer.....everywhere.

Nice welceom to the fold HN. yeh what ered sed and dont furget to leave enuf time to walk inside the new area they put upa few yrs ago on the front of the stadium. real sweet spread with all the trophies and a bunch of historic stuff. its like finding the holy grail. enjoy your trip to mecca and let us know how you liked it.

I'll be traveling with a Pitt fan

My condolences.

What the hell are you talking about benji. Your fans suck. I used to really like Penn ST. BUt after the way your fans acted in 2002, they are a piece of crap. You have no room to talk. PSU fans suck.

NU fans got spit on, pushed, punched, beer everywhere and verbally harrassed. Screw you!!!!

I'll be traveling with a Pitt fan

My condolences.

What the hell are you talking about benji. Your fans suck. I used to really like Penn ST. BUt after the way your fans acted in 2002, they are a piece of crap. You have no room to talk. PSU fans suck.

NU fans got spit on, pushed, punched, beer everywhere and verbally harrassed. Screw you!!!!

I was at that game. I couldn't even go out after the game because of those sh**ty fans. I got yelled at everywhere i WEnt.