Roast Beef-Edited

Roxy

I have no idea if I have posted this before or not. I made this last night and it was so good and very tender...I hate tough roast beef. This doesn't take long to put together and it is a big time savor. Make sure you cover the roaster with a lid.

I only use the flat roast beef..have no idea what the name is as you can tell lol but...you know what I mean. The flat kind is much more tender than the round.

Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.

Heat some oil in a skillet and flour both sides of the roast and sprinkle some Paula Deen's House Seasoning over it. I keep this in a jar by the stove for convenience.

Paula Deen's House Seasoning:

1 cup salt

1/4 cup black pepper

1/4 cup garlic powder

Stir the ingredients together. Keep the seasoning in a shaker by the stove for convenience.

Brown both sides of the flat roast. While the roast is browning, I put sliced mushrooms, potatoes cut in half, onions and garlic in the bottom of my roaster. If you like carrots..put them in the roaster too. If you want mashed potatoes..I suggest boiling the potatoes seperately or they have a tendency to turn brown. Once the roast is brown on both sides, put in the roaster on top of the vegetables. I heated up 8 cups of boiling water and put 8 tsp.s of beef bouillon in it and poured it around the roast...or buy some canned beef broth and use that instead.

I had this in the oven by 9 a.m. and we ate at 8 p.m. or so. I checked it a little over 5 p.m. to see if it looked done and it was, but, by having the oven temperature set at 200 degrees...I knew that it wasn't going to hurt it any...adjust time and temperature as needed if you want...but by using this recipe..it will be so tender.

I have a gravy degreaser and I took the roast out etc. and put the broth in the gravy degreaser container...it didn't have hardly any grease in the broth. Having this gravy degreaser will save you alot of time. While I let the broth sit in the container...I melted 1/2 cup butter and used a whisk to whisk in 1/2 cup flour a little at a time and gradually added the broth to it.. keep stirring to get the lumps out. I added a little kitchen bouquet and some milk. Making broth gravy this way... is much better then the cornstarch and water or milk recipe by far.