Players Transferring If Pelini isn't hired

DaveH

Tonight on the loud-mouth wanna-be Romey show (Sound Off with Travis Justice),

DeAnte Grixby said that if Bo doesn't get the job, there will be players that could

transfer. There was no mention of who, but this could be bad. 5-10 players

Discuss!

Sorry Dave didn't see yours. You take it from here, keep us up to date.

This is something I think we need to talk about with Blackshirt. I think we have

too many forums here which leads to duplicate topics. I would be nice to have a

single topic for a single story!

Let me see what I can dig up on this......

Nice sound FX Dave!! Those were high tech man.

I think Bo is gone in 3-5 yrs regardless. He has strong NFL ties and seemingly aspirations. I think SP knows this, and doesnt seem to completely appreciate his brazen style. Almost somewhat of a Jerry Jones - Jimmy Johnson conflict. Steve may want someone he can dictate, or at least more of a schmoozer. Bo doesnt seem to have time for this.

I believe that some recruits may be gone, but everything is give and take, so others will also be attracted who werent w/out the new coach. I didnt like SP's attitude yesterday though about how "the players just get emotional, and they'll bounce back no matter who is the coach", intimating that their feelings dont really count, and almost treating them like objects.

BRM

Im sure some players will leave. But this should not be a reason to hire a coach. Just like fans should be fans of the program, not the coach, players should as well. They didnt come to NU to play for Bo, so what the hell is the big deal? I could understand if SP turned around and fired the next coach after 1 year, b/c they were just tired of the BS, but this is ridiculous.

I say who the hell cares. We'll get a bunch of new players with the new coach too.

Im sure some players will leave. But this should not be a reason to hire a coach.  Just like fans should be fans of the program, not the coach, players should as well.  They didnt come to NU to play for Bo, so what the hell is the big deal?  I could understand if SP turned around and fired the next coach after 1 year, b/c they were just tired of the BS, but this is ridiculous.

I say who the hell cares.  We'll get a bunch of new players with the new coach too.

Understood and I agree with you, but I would hate to lose any talent that has been

developed due to the "fuckall" that this has become. We have a young secondary that I have

some high hopes for. I hope they and the other players are smart enough not to

get caught up in it all.

Then again, it could all be a big bluff. Like Eric pointed out, DeAnte's answer to the

question did seem canned like they had gone over it before.

I believe later in the show after being asked, he said they "could" transfer so who knows.

Like always, we'll just have to wait and see.