Briscuit Recipes

Roxy

My friend Mo didn't have a recipe for this....will post some that I found on recipe sites I belong to and one recipe is from my sister. I haven't tried any of these.

I found these recipes on a recipe board that I belong to. I haven't made these.. The comments are from the members who belong to the recipe site I belong to. This recipe is from a Southern Living mag a few years ago. Not only do you enjoy the smell while it is baking, but it is amazing

Aunt Suzi's Brisket

3/4 Cup firmly packed brown sugar

3/4 cup chili sauce

3/4 cup ketchup

1/2-3/4 (1.4 oz) envelope dry onion soup mix (I used it all )

1 1/2 pounds baby carrots

1 (12 oz.) beer

1 (3-4 pound) beef brisket

15 small red potatoes

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Stir together brown sugar, chili sauce, ketchup and onion soup mix; gently stir in beer. Place brisket, fat side up, in a large Dutch oven; pierce several times with a fork. Arrange potatoes and carrots evenly around brisket; then pour beer mixture evenly over brisket, potatoes and carrots. Bake, covered, at 325 degrees for 3-1/2 hours, basting occasionally with sauce. Remove brisket from pan, and cut into slices. Return slices to pan with potatoes and carrots. Bake, covered 30 minutes or until tender.

My sister's barbecued brisket recipe...I haven't made this.

Poke 5-lb. brisket and sprinkle with celery, onion and garlic salt. Add 1/2 bottle liquid smoke. Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight. Bake 5 hours in 275 degree oven. Slice and then pour barbecue sauce over it and bake 1/2 hour more.

https://secwa0200s.sweetbaysupermarket.com/..._barbeque.shtml

http://www.rachaelrayshow.com/food/recipes...-sweet-polenta/

Brisket-In-A-Bag from Brenham

Courtesy of H-E-B Cooking Connections

Ingredients:

4 to 5 pounds beef brisket, trimmed to 1/8-inch fat thickness

corn oil (omit when using a roasting bag)

3 tablespoons McCormick Montreal Steak Seasoning

3 tablespoons Fiesta Brisket Rub

1 large Reynold´s oven bag and shallow foil roasting pan or large brown paper sack, non-recycled

Directions:

1. Heat grill or smoker for slow roasting.

For gas grill: Heat one side of grill for 10 minutes with the lid closed. Reduce flame to low, place an oven thermometer on cool side of grill and regulate gas flame until grill chamber maintains 275 degrees with lid closed.

For smoker: Build a charcoal and mesquite wood fire in fire box or end of grill opposite chimney.

2. Begin cooking, and monitor fire during cooking with an oven thermometer to maintain a temperature of 275 degrees with lid closed.

3. Brush brisket with oil if using paper sack. Blend seasonings; rub meat to coat all sides.

4. Place brisket inside oven bag or sack. Close bag or fold end of sack over twice to seal and staple closed. Press sack against brisket until oil soaked. Poke 20 small holes on top and side of sack. Keep closed during cooking.

4. Cook brisket on cool side of gas grill or smoker for 3 to 4 hours. Monitor temperature or add wood or charcoal as necessary.

5. Remove when a meat thermometer inserted in center reads 212 degrees. Reserve cooking juices for dipping or to mix with barbecue sauce, if desired. Slice brisket across the grain into 1/4-inch thick slices and serve.

Brisket:

1- 5 oz. bottle soy sauce

1 can connsome beef soup

1/4 cup lemmon juice

3 tablespoons liquid smoke flavoring

4 pieces garlic -- crushed

1 5 pound brisket -- (5 to 6)

Mix marinate. Add meat. ( Trim any fat) Cover. Refrigerate for 24 hours,covered. Use marinate for meat to cook in do not discard. Bake in 325o oven covered with lid, five hours .Slice and enjoy!! Can be used as the entree or put on sandwiches. Save some juice to pour over meat like a gravy.

There are two brisket cuts available in most supermarkets, and the labeling can often be confusing. If you prefer a more marbled piece of beef, look for the thicker end, known as the point half, which may be labeled the front, thick, second, or nose cut. The thinner, leaner end of the brisket is the flat half, sometimes called the first or thin cut.

Brisket:

(3-1/2- to 4-lb) boneless beef brisket, trimmed of excess fat

3/4 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon black pepper

2 tablespoons olive oil

2 lb onions, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced lengthwise (6 cups)

1 Turkish or 1/2 California bay leaf

1 (12-oz) bottle beer (not dark)

1 dried-porcini bouillon cube (less than 1/2 oz) or 1 beef bouillon cube, crumbled

1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar PreparationPreheat oven to 350°F.

Pat brisket dry and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a 6- to 8-quart wide heavy pot over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking, then brown meat well on all sides, about 10 minutes total. Transfer with tongs to a platter.

Cook onions with bay leaf in fat remaining in pot over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until golden, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer half of onions to a bowl. Arrange brisket over onions in pot, then top with remaining onions. Add beer, bouillon cube, and vinegar (liquid should come about halfway up sides of meat) and bring to a boil.

Cover pot and braise in middle of oven until meat is very tender, 3 to 3 1/2 hours. Cool in sauce, uncovered, 30 minutes.

Transfer brisket to a clean cutting board. Skim off any fat from sauce, then season with salt and pepper. Slice meat across the grain and serve with sauce.

Cooks' note:

• Brisket improves in flavor if braised 2 days ahead. Cool in sauce, uncovered, then chill, surface covered with parchment paper or wax paper and pot covered with lid. Remove any solidified fat before reheating. Slice cold meat across the grain and reheat in oven with sauce in a shallow baking pan, covered, 45 minutes.

Add baby carrots and mushrooms..opt.

Comment below from a member:

I always do mine in the oven. I just make my own teriyaki sauce and dilute it w/ beef broth. I slice up a whole bunch of onions to put the brisket on in the roasting pan, pour over the liquid, cover it...and cook forever.