Ganz speaks at news conference today

http://journalstar.com/blog/huskers.php?ti...p;tb=1&pb=1

Ganz takes the mic

Joe Ganz is first up to the microphone at Tuesday's press conference.

"I think we rebound pretty well," Ganz said. "I think having that type of loss kind of refocuses us on what we need to do. It'd down to a three-game season and it starts with Kansas."

He doesn't think the 76 points KU puts up last year on Nebraska serves as any extra motivation than the team already has going into the game.

Running backs coach Tim Beck, formerly at KU, has compared Ganz to KU quartertback Todd Reesing.

"That's a good guy to be compared to," Ganz said. "He's a good quarterback."

How much does Beck's connections to KU help NU this week?

"A lot. He helped out on personnel. What guys do good, what guys struggle at.... It's nice to have a guy on the inside who knows."

This is the first time Ganz gets to play against a team he's already started against.

"The thing that helps the most is going back and being able to watch that game ... just seeing what I did, how I did in certain looks," Ganz said.

About Patrick Witt's situation as a bakcup: "It's tough because he hasn't got a lot of snaps. I know how it feels not going in there. But he did well against Oklahoma. And I think that's something he can build off... He can look back at that experience and say he's been in against one of the better teams and he's done well."