Roast Beef-Edited

Roxy

I made this last night and it was the best roast ever:) It was so tender..we didn't need to use a knife.

Roast Beef:

Flat Roast-We bought a FRESH ROAST at ALBERTSON'S IN THE FRESH MEAT DELI-I WILL BUY THIS KIND OF ROAST ONLY FROM THE FRESH MEAT DEPT..IT IS SO MUCH BETTER THAN OTHER ROASTS THAT YOU FIND IN THE STORE.

Garlic

Onions

Olive Oil

Flour

Fresh Sliced Mushrooms

Potatoes

Carrots-opt.

I doubled the ingredients below and just squirted olive oil using a ketchup bottle on the top sides and bottom of the roast.

1 tsp.- or a little more- Paula's.House Seasoning or Seasoned Salt-I used Paula's House Seasoning

1 tsp. paprika

1/2 tsp. sugar

1/2 tsp. pepper

1/2 tsp. garlic powder

1/4 tsp. dried oregano

1/4 tsp. ground ginger

Worcestershire Sauce

Preheat the oven to 230 degrees. Cut garlic where slits are. Cut onions into thinly sliced wedges. Rub. olive oil over the roast. I squirted olive oil all using a ketchup bottle like you see at restaurants..bought it at Walmart...top, bottom and sides. Mix seasonings in a small bowl. Completely cover roast with seasoning mixture on top, bottom and sides and then cover roast with flour; pat flour in roast real good. Heat olive oil in a dutch oven pan; put in the roast and brown both sides of the roast.

Put mushrooms, potatoes, carrots or vegetables of your choice on the bottom of roasting pan. Put roast in roasting pan and pour 2 T. Worcestershire Sauce over the top of the roast. Put sliced mushrooms, garlic, and onions around and on top of the roast. Pour 3 cans beef broth around the roast.

Bake at 230 degrees all day. I put it in the oven between 9 or 10 a.m. and we ate arround 8 p.m.

Gravy:

Take roast out of roasting pan and degrease the broth. Melt 1/2 cup butter or margarine in skillet and gradually add 1/2 cup flour. Using a whisk; stir constantly until flour is combined with butter. Gradually add broth to the butter, flour mixture-using whisk constantly till gravy is smooth. Add milk and a little kitchen bouquet if needed. I didn't have to..it was just right.