#5 Nebraska HUskers Vs. Creighton Bluejays

Tickets Going Fast for Husker-Bluejay Showdown at Rosenblatt

Lincoln – With the much-anticipated matchup between Nebraska and Creighton eight days away, tickets are going fast for the May 10 contest at Omaha’s Rosenblatt Stadium. As of Wednesday afternoon, over 9,600 tickets have been sold in advance for the rubber match of the 2005 season series

All tickets are reserved - $12, $10 or $8 for adults depending on location; $6 for children ages 3-18 regardless of location - and can be purchased at all Ticketmaster locations (Baker’s, Younkers), by phone at (402) 422-1212 or at www.ticketmaster.com.

Fans are encouraged to purchase their tickets in advance to avoid long lines on game day, as the Rosenblatt Ticket Office will not sell tickets until 5:30 p.m. on game day. In addition, being at Rosenblatt is the only way to see next Tuesday’s game, as it will not be televised.

Nebraska enters this weekend’s series with Missouri with a 37-9 record and second in the Big 12 standing with a 12-6 league mark. The Huskers, who are ranked as high as fifth in the national polls, went 3-1 last week, including a win at Wichita State before taking 2-of-3 against Oklahoma. Creighton comes into its weekend series against Northern Iowa with a 35-10 mark and leads the Missouri Valley Conference with a 14-4 mark after sweeping Bradley last weekend.

The Huskers won the opening game of the series, 10-2, in Lincoln on March 29, before Creighton evened the season series with a 4-3 win at Rosenblatt Stadium on April 5.

Largest Baseball Crowds of 2005 Season

Attend.

Game

Date

Minute Maid Classic, Minute Maid Park, Houston

2/12/05

Minute Maid Classic, Minute Maid Park, Houston

2/13/05

LSU-Tulane, Zephyr Field, Metairie

4/19/05

Auburn-Mississippi State, Dudy Noble Field, Starkville

4/9/05

Alabama-Mississippi, Oxford-University Stadium, Oxford

4/9/05

Huskers Fall to Creighton in front of Largest Crowd in Series History

Omaha, Neb. – Joe Simokaitis, Andy Gerch and Daniel Bruce each hit solo homers, but Creighton plated two runs in the top of the seventh to break a 3-all tie and earn a 5-3 victory over No. 3 Nebraska in front of a near capacity crowd of 20,011 at Omaha’s Rosenblatt Stadium Tuesday evening.

Tonight’s attendance was the largest single-game crowd in college baseball (2nd largest overall in 2005) and the ninth-largest regular-season crowd in NCAA history. The mark also broke the series mark of 18,578 set in 2002.

I can't believe the husker's lost to creighton. I hate the bluejay's and I can't stand when they win. Nebraska is still the better ball-club and eveyone knows it. If they meet Creighton again it's gonna be a blow out courtesy of the Huskers!

Well I think the only way there going to meet again is in the "playoffs". But I like the energy, DC. :cheers