SDSU game moved, and other stuff

In case you missed it in today's LJS, Huskers and Jackrabbits don't take to Haymarket Park until Wednesday at 1:35 p.m. (not that they'd be able to stick to their originally scheduled contest for the same time Tuesday). Just didn't want someone going out shoveling off a spot on the berm. That shouldn't be necessary on Wednesday, as temps are expected to be in the mid-50s.

Some other news today . . . Adam Bailey was named Big 12 Player of the Week for hitting .333 with a league-high three homers and 10 RBIs over five games. I'm on the small panel who vote, and while I won't officially reveal my pick, let's just say it was easy to notice that six of Bailey's seven hits for the week were for extra bases, leading to his .952 slugging percentage. He also picked up a save in his only pitching duty.

(For those outside of Austin who care, Texas' Brandon Workman was the Pitcher of the Week. So far, to earn that honor has required a no-hitter.)

Bailey was one of three Huskers named to the Bearkat Classic All-Tournament team at Sam Houston State this past weekend. He was joined by freshman catcher Cory Burleson (6-for-11 in four games) and pitcher Mike Nesseth (six shutout innings and 12 strikeouts in a win against Sam Houston State).

LJS Blog