Replay

From what I have read, Callahan and  Pederson voted for the coaches ability to challenge and were the only ones to vote that way. Make sense as Callahan has been able to use the challenge in the NFL.

I don't think it belongs in the college game and I really don't care for it in the NFL. The replay should be used as an officia'ls tool.

Yeah but do you think the ref's would be hesitent to use because it will make them look incompetent??

If they know what they are doing and want the game to be officiated correctly, they will use it. They still have to be competent enough to become an ref in the first place, replay isn't going to make Joe Armchairquarterback into a Div-1 ref.

Even the best crews can get caught out of position or don't agree on what they saw. Replay lets them see it again. IMO, it has nothing to do with being competent. If the ref won't use it because he is self conscious, maybe he shouldn't be officiating. msmiley1.gif

But some may feel that the more times they use it, the worse they are doing there job, hence they won't use it

From what I have read, Callahan and  Pederson voted for the coaches ability to challenge and were the only ones to vote that way. Make sense as Callahan has been able to use the challenge in the NFL.

I don't think it belongs in the college game and I really don't care for it in the NFL. The replay should be used as an officia'ls tool.

Yeah but do you think the ref's would be hesitent to use because it will make them look incompetent??

If they know what they are doing and want the game to be officiated correctly, they will use it. They still have to be competent enough to become an ref in the first place, replay isn't going to make Joe Armchairquarterback into a Div-1 ref.

Even the best crews can get caught out of position or don't agree on what they saw. Replay lets them see it again. IMO, it has nothing to do with being competent. If the ref won't use it because he is self conscious, maybe he shouldn't be officiating. msmiley1.gif

But some may feel that the more times they use it, the worse they are doing there job, hence they won't use it

You might wonder that, but it really just comesdown to them being as professional as possible. Admitting they may have missed something....I would really like to see a time limit placed on the time to review a play.