The Birth Certificate

And a word of caution on the name calling. It may not have been directed at bennychico11 - but it certainly also could be read that way. And that's hardly the first instance. Either cut it out or find another board on which to post.

Name calling? Seriously... :wtf

This is the second time I've been accused of "name-calling" and quite frankly, I'm confused.

Sure I state my opinions, and yes I have just as much conviction with what I believe as anyone else, but I don't think I've ever truly insulted or name-called.

Since you asked, here is when you did it to me. Perhaps it is not name calling, but it is insulting (the bolding is my part):

I'm not dissatisfied with Obama at all. I'm one of the 69% of Americans who approve of him so far.

Just curious, you're satisfied with Obama? Really? Do you have any ability to think critically?

The link Is it that big of a deal? No, but I don't think we have to insult each other to try and make a point.

I'm not dissatisfied with Obama at all. I'm one of the 69% of Americans who approve of him so far.

Just curious, you're satisfied with Obama? Really? Do you have any ability to think critically?

The link Is it that big of a deal? No, but I don't think we have to insult each other to try and make a point.

I know this is a little off topic, but come on.

69% of American's huh?? Did you get that from here, Presidential Approval?

If so, maybe you need to rethink your statement. Here's a few reasons why.

The American population is 306,618,320 - taken from the US Census.

If 132 million of them voted, that would mean 43% of all Americans voted. - Sources Here and Here

Of that 132 million, 53% voted for Barack Obama. That leaves the total percentage of Americans who voted for Barack Obama at 23%.

Do you really mean to tell me that between election day and now, 46% of Americans, or 141 million people, have suddenly changed their mind or are suddenly approving of Barack Obama? I don't think so, but if you do, please provide the proof. Maybe something other than a government-driven media poll would help.

As you probably well know, the Gallup Poll as with any other poll, only takes into consideration a minute percentage of the population to create results. In this case, they only took a small percentage of those who actually voted. Who's to say that they also didn't only poll people who voted for Obama? If that was the case, since only 69% approve, the results might also say that Barack has lost 31% of his approval since he took office. I'm sorry, but a poll can only be taken for that of it's contents. This one isn't much and stinks, so where does that leave it?

Since, the poll did not take into account the 57% of the population that didn't vote, I hardly think they could come up with any number to show a percentage of Americans who approve. Saying that 69% of Americans approve of Obama is false and a long shot by any sense of the imagination. Or is it that only those who vote, and vote for Obama, matter when it comes to approval anyways?

I know this is a little off topic, but come on.

69% of American's huh?? Did you get that from here, Presidential Approval?

If so, maybe you need to rethink your statement. Here's a few reasons why.

The American population is 306,618,320 - taken from the US Census.

If 132 million of them voted, that would mean 43% of all Americans voted. - Sources Here and Here

Of that 132 million, 53% voted for Barack Obama. That leaves the total percentage of Americans who voted for Barack Obama at 23%.

Do you really mean to tell me that between election day and now, 46% of Americans, or 141 million people, have suddenly changed their mind or are suddenly approving of Barack Obama? I don't think so, but if you do, please provide the proof. Maybe something other than a government-driven media poll would help.

As you probably well know, the Gallup Poll as with any other poll, only takes into consideration a minute percentage of the population to create results. In this case, they only took a small percentage of those who actually voted. Who's to say that they also didn't only poll people who voted for Obama? If that was the case, since only 69% approve, the results might also say that Barack has lost 31% of his approval since he took office. I'm sorry, but a poll can only be taken for that of it's contents. This one isn't much and stinks, so where does that leave it?

Since, the poll did not take into account the 57% of the population that didn't vote, I hardly think they could come up with any number to show a percentage of Americans who approve. Saying that 69% of Americans approve of Obama is false and a long shot by any sense of the imagination. Or is it that only those who vote, and vote for Obama, matter when it comes to approval anyways?

Yeah, most people who didn't vote still have an opinion on whether they approve of Obama or not. Sorry, facts of life. Obama still has a pretty high approval rating, no matter what poll you look at. Something like 62% today. Do you have a poll that shows any different?

Yeah, most people who didn't vote still have an opinion on whether they approve of Obama or not. Sorry, facts of life. Obama still has a pretty high approval rating, no matter what poll you look at. Something like 62% today. Do you have a poll that shows any different?

Do you have proof that their opinion is included in your poll? Logic and the true numbers seem to say differently. See the above breakdown in case you skipped it.

I've done that, and you guoted part of the post in which I did so - all you had to do is reference back to your post to which my reply was made. So, here's the deal. The next time, permanent ban. I don't have the inclination to play games on this.

So who's playing games?

I've asked two people to put down the crack pipe and one if he can think critically. And my goodness if that rises to the level of name-calling then why have this forum at all? It's not like I let loose a barrage of expletives, insulted his mother and otherwise spouted off on some kind of personal hateful tirade.

In the two crack pipe references it was more for humor. In the critical thinking one I was simply asking him if he was able to look at Obama, his policies and what he's done thus far and acknowledge if there might be some fault to anything Obama has done thus far.

I think that many others who post within this forum have had instances where they have done actual name-calling and asked pointed / sarcastic questions and there's nary a word said to them.

Bottom line: I think there's a gross double standard here.

Because I like this site, I just won't post in this particular forum any more...problem solved.

Do you have proof that their opinion is included in your poll? Logic and the true numbers seem to say differently. See the above breakdown in case you skipped it.

All the polls are of "registered voters." That doesn't mean they voted, it doesn't mean they voted for Obama. And I don't agree that "logic and true numbers seem to say differently." 62% of registered voters means exactly that. Your breakdown is meaningless in light of the fact that the polls are of "registered voters."

Can you find one single poll that has Obama under a 60% approval rating right now?

All the polls are of "registered voters." That doesn't mean they voted, it doesn't mean they voted for Obama. And I don't agree that "logic and true numbers seem to say differently." 62% of registered voters means exactly that. Your breakdown is meaningless in light of the fact that the polls are of "registered voters."

Can you find one single poll that has Obama under a 60% approval rating right now?

Your polls cannot be trusted because the government influenced them to further it's power hungry agenda.

Sorry. I'm just messing around. Carry on.

:moreinteresting

That's exactly my point. My complaint wasn't that the polls are a measure of registered voters. It's that the results are made to bear that 69% of Americans (not registered voters) approve of Obama. This is simply not true. When only 54% of Americans are even registered and even a smaller number of those are the ones who support and approve of Obama, this hardly shows that a majority of Americans approve of Obama. Or do you feel that only those who are registered are what is considered to be American? If this is not the case, how can you, in any way, use the polling of such a minute group of people to say that a majority of Americans support Obama? It is false and exactly what I am pointing out.

There's no need to find any poll with a lower than 60% approval rating because each is only stating the opinion of registered voters, and as I have proven above, this number hardly represents the opinion of a majority of Americans. To state otherwise, is simply untrue.

That's exactly my point. My complaint wasn't that the polls are a measure of registered voters. It's that the results are made to bear that 69% of Americans (not registered voters) approve of Obama. This is simply not true. When only 54% of Americans are even registered and even a smaller number of those are the ones who support and approve of Obama, this hardly shows that a majority of Americans approve of Obama. Or do you feel that only those who are registered are what is considered to be American? If this is not the case, how can you, in any way, use the polling of such a minute group of people to say that a majority of Americans support Obama? It is false and exactly what I am pointing out.

There's no need to find any poll with a lower than 60% approval rating because each is only stating the opinion of registered voters, and as I have proven above, this number hardly represents the opinion of a majority of Americans. To state otherwise, is simply untrue.

In a sense, perhaps. But it is fairly routine to extrapolate the opinions of many from a sampling of a few. Certainly it is not an exact science, but professional statisticians have gotten pretty good at doing it. Just look at the results of actual elections compared to the poll number right before the election. They are very close.

No, I cannot definitively prove (at least not to your satisfaction) that 60+% of Americans support Obama. On the other hand, at least I have some evidence that is true. You have no evidence to support the allegation that less than 60% support him. At best, you have a lack of evidence. At worst, you are faced with all the polls, based upon a sampling of registered voters, that show more than 60% support him. I wouldn't want to bet my retirement on your position.....

In a sense, perhaps. But it is fairly routine to extrapolate the opinions of many from a sampling of a few. Certainly it is not an exact science, but professional statisticians have gotten pretty good at doing it. Just look at the results of actual elections compared to the poll number right before the election. They are very close.

No, I cannot definitively prove (at least not to your satisfaction) that 60+% of Americans support Obama. On the other hand, at least I have some evidence that is true. You have no evidence to support the allegation that less than 60% support him. At best, you have a lack of evidence. At worst, you are faced with all the polls, based upon a sampling of registered voters, that show more than 60% support him. I wouldn't want to bet my retirement on your position.....

There's actually no reason for me to prove anything, other than what I have already proven, because I didn't make any assumptions to the contrary. Someone stated that 69% of Americans supported Obama and I said there is no evidence that would make that a plausible argument. I presented evidence to prove my argument correct, therefore there is no reason for me to prove anything more. I didn't make the argument that 69% Americans did not support Obama, I merely stated there's no evidence to prove that 69% do.

There's actually no reason for me to prove anything, other than what I have already proven, because I didn't make any assumptions to the contrary. Someone stated that 69% of Americans supported Obama and I said there is no evidence that would make that a plausible argument. I presented evidence to prove my argument correct, therefore there is no reason for me to prove anything more. I didn't make the argument that 69% Americans did not support Obama, I merely stated there's no evidence to prove that 69% do.

Fair enough. I would still say that a properly conducted poll of a representative sample of registered voters is sufficient evidence. I suspect that there isn't any evidence anyone could come up with to prove to you Obama's popularity with Americans.