Recipe Review-Mo's Sloppy Joes

Roxy

I may have posted this recipe before..I don't keep track of recipes that I have posted. If I did post it..I knew it had to be great because I got it from a very good friend who could be the next foodnetwork star and I am not joking about that either. She is one fantastic cook:) I am going to post it again..if you have seen it before and don't care to read it..scroll on by:)

I went by looks and taste of it as I cooked it..I had more hamburger so I added a little bit more of this and that. I did use garlic salt instead or regular salt. I used a whole bunch..not cloves of garlic because we love garlic..can't have to much of garlic in anything as far as I am concerned:) I did toast the hamburger buns on my indoor grill..it is alot better than cold hamburger buns.

Mo's Sloppy Joes:

1 lb. lean ground beef

1/4 cup chopped onion

1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper (optional, I use it when I have it)

1/2 cup water

1/2 tsp. worcestershire

2 cloves of garlic, pressed

1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard

3/4 cup ketchup

3 teaspoons brown sugar

salt to taste

ground black pepper to taste

1. In a medium skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef, onion, and green pepper; drain off liquids. Add water and worcestershire.

2. Stir in the pressed garlic, mustard, ketchup, and brown sugar; mix thoroughly. Reduce heat, and simmer for 20 minutes. Adding more water if it becomes dry. Season with salt and pepper if desired.

3. Serve on toasted hamburger buns.

**Add some shredded Cheddar Cheese on top before adding top hamburger bun.