New commit

At least according to Rivals. If you read the OWH there was a kid visiting this weekend. .... IT would appear the kid visiting this weekend must have commited.

http://omaha.com/article/20090724/SPORTS01/707249870

LINCOLN — Doc Sadler, Nebraska's nonstop recruiter, is getting a campus visit this weekend from a 6-foot-4 guard from Stone Mountain, Ga., who would be eligible to play immediately.

Sources with knowledge of the situation said Friday the prospect is Adrien Coleman, a three-star choice by rivals.com and Scout.com who originally signed with Alabama-Birmingham.

He met the NCAA admin standards but not UAB..

I read something about this kid in the paper a few days ago. It really seems like Doc isn't backing down at all when it comes to getting some studs into this program, which is a GREAT thing. If we can keep Doc around long enough, he will build NU into a respectable basketball program.

How long do you guys think it will be until we start competing with other Big XII schools for recruiting? Most of our recruits have only been recruited by smaller schools. I went to all of our new players' Rivals profiles and made a list of the teams that it showed offering them on their profile, none of our recruits for next year are shown as being offered by another Big XII school. Maybe it isn't anything to be worried about, but I think we will need to recruit the same players as other conference schools in order to have success in the future.

Adrian Coleman

UAB

LSU

South Alabama

Murray St.

Rayes Gallegos

Weber State

Quincy Hankins

Seton Hall

USF

UAB

Myles Holley

UNC-Greensboro

UNC-Wilmington

LaSalle

Miami

Lance Jeter

Kent State

Duquesne

Vander Joaquim

San Diego

Christian Standhardinger

none

Brandon Ubel

Drake

Illinois St.

San Francisco

Wichita St.

Utah State

I would say when we start beating the upper half of the teams in the conference more often. Starting to split games with the consistent contenders would be a huge step in getting the attention of the more high profile recruits. Sending a few more players to the NBA would help also. I wish we could make an imidiate impact, but building our basketball program is a task much like Iowa State building their football program. I believe that Doc is the right man for the job and as long as T.O. gives him the funding and support he needs, Doc will build us into a respectable basketball team.