You have a couple of options: You can run a contain defense where the DEs force everything in, you can spy with either both OLBs or just the MLB, or you could be your FS and run Cover 3 (reversing the play so you take the short Zone and not the deep 1/3rd) and keep your eye on him. Another option is to blitz a Nickel Back or a corner from the outside. I guess it depends on the down and how good your D-line is.

Well, I basically stick to the 4-3 and nickel defenses (leaning mostly to the nickel)-- which you can take my idea with that in mind... Against the mobile qb's, using the DE contain, linebacker spy, and outside blitzes do help as gmoney said. Which player are you usually controlling? Getting a good push with a DE would help, but no matter which lineman you are controlling, just make sure you don't create holes in your own defense by getting out of position.

But yeah, 'friends' that always choose a mobile qb are frustrating. Especially when they abuse a sometimes overrated combination of speed and accuracy.

I usually run a 4-4 defense, swap out the OLB's with nicklebacks and call for OLB Blitz to the long side, with a DL shift to the long side as well. 90 percent of the time the other player will not want to rush to the short side, and if they do you still have the speed of two CBs on that side to keep him corralled.