The Cult Continues

5zrsl8o4ZPo

I'll just point out that if they did something like this under Bush, Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four would have sold twenty million copies that day. This is the kind of crap you get away with in North Korea. Every person who was involved with this vile indoctrination should be fired.

5zrsl8o4ZPo

I'll just point out that if they did something like this under Bush, Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four would have sold twenty million copies that day. This is the kind of crap you get away with in North Korea. Every person who was involved with this vile indoctrination should be fired out of a cannon

FYP

5zrsl8o4ZPo

I'll just point out that if they did something like this under Bush, Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four would have sold twenty million copies that day. This is the kind of crap you get away with in North Korea. Every person who was involved with this vile indoctrination should be fired.

Hey X, ready to take the creepiness factor up to 10 on this video?

The following lyric from the song in the video reads:

He said red, yellow, black or white

All are equal in his sight

Mmm, mmm, mm!

¨Barack Hussein Obama

Compare to the song lyrics from Jesus Loves the Little Children:

Jesus loves the little children

All the children of the world

Red and yellow

Black and white

They are precious in His sight.

Of the world.

Yes? No? A stretch? Not a stretch?

I think all the videos should be titled "The left has finally found a religion that is acceptable to be taught in school."

GGRZAUQVVhc

Here's a new one that popped up on youtube.

ettl3zfLWus

5zrsl8o4ZPo

Hey X, ready to take the creepiness factor up to 10 on this video?

The following lyric from the song in the video reads:

He said red, yellow, black or white

All are equal in his sight

Mmm, mmm, mm!

¨Barack Hussein Obama

Compare to the song lyrics from Jesus Loves the Little Children:

All the children of the world

Red and yellow

Black and white

They are precious in His sight.

Of the world.

Yes? No? A stretch? Not a stretch?

I think all the videos should be titled "The left has finally found a religion that is acceptable to be taught in school."

GGRZAUQVVhc

Here's a new one that popped up on youtube.

ettl3zfLWus

I thought the same thing when I heard this chant on the radio the other day

that "new one that popped up on you tube" I think is kind of a stretch.

And the hits just keep coming.......

fKIzVZtbFUA

I think I'm seeing a trend here. :worship

No stretch here and these are adults!

aMJgwPenhpY

In their defense, the whole "Camelot" thing liberals have with monarchical idolization was getting a bit long in the tooth, but outright apotheosis of divinity? Maybe the powers that be should erect a monument somewhere, or better yet, move over L. Ron Hubbard, I see a mega-church coming to a neighborhood near you. :lol:

I'll just point out that if they did something like this under Bush, Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four would have sold twenty million copies that day.

They DID do this sort of thing under Bush . . .

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/09/25/f...b_n_300372.html

Funny how the shoe pinches when it's on the other foot though. Both sides complain about how THEY would never dream of doing what the other side is doing . . . when the reality is both are equally guilty.

I'll just point out that if they did something like this under Bush, Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four would have sold twenty million copies that day.

They DID do this sort of thing under Bush . . .

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/09/25/f...b_n_300372.html

Funny how the shoe pinches when it's on the other foot though. Both sides complain about how THEY would never dream of doing what the other side is doing . . . when the reality is both are equally guilty.

Frankly there's nothing funny about any child being asked to sing Orwellian songs about a public servant, whether it's Bush, Obama, Adolf Hitler, or the mayor of Shitsplat, MO. As to the charge that the 'same things' happened under Bush, the story ignores both context and substance. The lyrics of the song quoted in the story are these:

Our country's stood beside us, people have sent us aid. Katrina could not stop us, our hopes will never fade. Congress, Bush and FEMA People across our land Together have come to rebuild us and we join them hand-in-hand!

Compare these to the lyrics posted by Sarge. In the Obama hymn the lyrics are directly in praise of him and his so-called 'achievements.' They even have the audacity to plagiarize lyrics from a Christian hymn. The Katrina song was in response to a natural disaster and the community dealing with it. I don't like the fact that congress and Bush were in the song; I have a scathing skepticism of anyone in office. But the idea that the incidences are even remotely similar are unsupported by the evidence given in the article.

Bottom line, no politician, republican, democrat, or independent should ever be the subject of abject worship by children. I don't care if they raised the dead or blocked a missile in a red cape. They're servants of the people, nothing more. Unfortunately there's been far too much of this kind of thing since Obama hit the national stage. His messianic campaign tactics and statecraft have fueled it. People need to respect themselves enough to abstain from this kind of thing.

As to the charge that the 'same things' happened under Bush, the story ignores both context and substance. The lyrics of the song quoted in the story are these:

Our country's stood beside us, people have sent us aid. Katrina could not stop us, our hopes will never fade. Congress, Bush and FEMA People across our land Together have come to rebuild us and we join them hand-in-hand!

which some can see as praising Bush for a "job well done"

They even have the audacity to plagiarize lyrics from a Christian hymn.

And the Christians had the 'audacity' to plagiarize the entire melody from Tramp, Tramp, Tramp... a Civil War march about a Union prisoner.

Bottom line, no politician, republican, democrat, or independent should ever be the subject of abject worship by children.

I agree, but I think in some of the above videos (ie. the one labeled "Kids Obama Song"), you could argue they were just songs to teach the children history. There's no denying that Obama becoming the first black president is a huge milestone for our country and in these childrens' lives. So singing a song stating facts like "Barack is the first African American in history (to be the President)" or "The 44th President of the United States" is pretty harmless. I don't think that video is "praising" him for anything.

As to the charge that the 'same things' happened under Bush, the story ignores both context and substance. The lyrics of the song quoted in the story are these:

And the Christians had the 'audacity' to plagiarize the entire melody from Tramp, Tramp, Tramp... a Civil War march about a Union prisoner.

Bottom line, no politician, republican, democrat, or independent should ever be the subject of abject worship by children.

I agree, but I think in some of the above videos (ie. the one labeled "Kids Obama Song"), you could argue they were just songs to teach the children history. There's no denying that Obama becoming the first black president is a huge milestone for our country and in these childrens' lives. So singing a song stating facts like "Barack is the first African American in history (to be the President)" or "The 44th President of the United States" is pretty harmless. I don't think that video is "praising" him for anything.

One of the hardest parts about this thread is trying to decide which video is more revolting and inappropriate. I think my personal choice would be the "Sing for Change" video where a bunch of children are asked to squawk in the midst of Obama's propaganda slogans and a group of moronic adults. I suppose it wouldn't be so bad if the song wasn't also infested with the meaningless catchphrases that so hollowly rung for a year in the campaign, but we take them as they're dealt.

If you want children to sing a song about history, how about cutting out the music, the lyrics, and Obama's propaganda slogans, and instead have them sit down and read the declaration of independence and the constitution until they can recite the major portions of them by heart. How about you instill in them the correct belief that neither Hope nor Change are the gifts of a cult leader/politician, but are in fact self-evident rights of all humanity, and would exist regardless of the color of the president's skin or his party winning elections.

One of the hardest parts about this thread is trying to decide which video is more revolting and inappropriate. I think my personal choice would be the "Sing for Change" video where a bunch of children are asked to squawk in the midst of Obama's propaganda slogans and a group of moronic adults. I suppose it wouldn't be so bad if the song wasn't also infested with the meaningless catchphrases that so hollowly rung for a year in the campaign, but we take them as they're dealt.

If you want children to sing a song about history, how about cutting out the music, the lyrics, and Obama's propaganda slogans, and instead have them sit down and read the declaration of independence and the constitution until they can recite the major portions of them by heart. How about you instill in them the correct belief that neither Hope nor Change are the gifts of a cult leader/politician, but are in fact self-evident rights of all humanity, and would exist regardless of the color of the president's skin or his party winning elections.

I agree totally with your points X. I agree with Benny about the one video as it wasn't as idiotic as the others. I do have a problem with the one X posted where the Battle Hymn of the Republic was absolutely defiled.

I have no problem with children being taught to respect the office of the president, because the office is an institution. It is bigger than any one person.

in response to the Ron Clark Academy video...

again I ask you, Husker_x what is your issue with this one? Do you think that ALL children shouldn't be singing about anything having to do with political issues, or only if they are told to because a certain political agenda is involved (ie. forcing them to)?

Ron Clark Academy is a private academy where students are selected to come to after an election process. Out of the first 350 applicants only 50 got in. Tuition costs $18,000 per year...sort of like a mini-college. So I'm assuming parents are pretty involved in what is being taught to their students in this private school.

Secondly, the lyrics. The chorus repeats:

"We throw our hands up

For healthcare reform

Make your choice today.

Private and public care

Will the marketplace treat us fair."

I don't think either side can disagree with that. Both sides agree that there needs to be some reform. Even the kids sing "Private and public care" as options. I didn't hear a lyric that would be controversial or telling people that they should choose one side or the other.

Especially from the same school who sang just a year before about the Presidential election with the lyrics on this site from the song "You Can Vote However You Like":

http://www.metrolyrics.com/you-can-vote-ho...rk-academy.html

So I guess the question is, what constitutes indoctrination?

Good call bennychico. I was just going to post that it was a privately funded, privately run school.

Surely you guys aren't calling for further government involvement . . . here regulating what children can sing in private schools? Or are you? Seems contrary to what you are complaining about.

in response to the Ron Clark Academy video...

again I ask you, Husker_x what is your issue with this one? Do you think that ALL children shouldn't be singing about anything having to do with political issues, or only if they are told to because a certain political agenda is involved (ie. forcing them to)?

Ron Clark Academy is a private academy where students are selected to come to after an election process. Out of the first 350 applicants only 50 got in. Tuition costs $18,000 per year...sort of like a mini-college. So I'm assuming parents are pretty involved in what is being taught to their students in this private school.

Secondly, the lyrics. The chorus repeats:

"We throw our hands up

For healthcare reform

Make your choice today.

Private and public care

Will the marketplace treat us fair."

I don't think either side can disagree with that. Both sides agree that there needs to be some reform. Even the kids sing "Private and public care" as options. I didn't hear a lyric that would be controversial or telling people that they should choose one side or the other.

Especially from the same school who sang just a year before about the Presidential election with the lyrics on this site from the song "You Can Vote However You Like":

http://www.metrolyrics.com/you-can-vote-ho...rk-academy.html

So I guess the question is, what constitutes indoctrination?

I'll admit that this video wasn't as egregious as some of the ones originally posted (including the one that started the thread). As far as sideways glance-worthy, this video comes in last. And while your 'private and public' care line is really a camouflage for 'public option,' the point is valid that private school kids can sing about whatever they want, political or otherwise.

That said.

Again I answer you, am I to understand that this song was simply a bursting forth of a group of children's deep desire to see healthcare reform? Were the merits of the debate discussed? Do the kids involved even understand the issue they're singing about? Can they name the list of potential reasons why the marketplace is allegedly 'unfair,' or what role 'fairness' has in a marketplace to begin with? The definition of indoctrination is having someone believe or promote an idea or ideology uncritically. You then further place the children on national television to supposedly add something useful to the debate. There are so many things a child could be spending his time learning that would be of more political value than a CNN musical number on healthcare. At best this entire area of the healthcare conversation is an embarrassing sideshow of absolutely no value.

All children are on some level indoctrinated. This is actually a good thing. It instills morals and habits that end up for their own good even if they don't understand it at the time (Never play with fire. Don't talk to strangers. Eat your vegetables. Vote Democrat.) What I don't like to see is children being used for political purposes.