Receivers

zoogs

I noticed Holt was not in for a lot of the plays this game - I missed the beginning, but did he not start? We saw a lot of 3-receiver sets with Paul, Gilleylen, and Brooks.

Then in the second half, down 9 or 12 and with the game on the line, we saw some very interesting and liberal usage of young receivers - Kinnie, Bell, even Cooper, sometimes at the same time. That takes off Brooks/Gill at least.

What does this mean? Were the other guys just not getting it done? Was it desperately trying to find a spark? How much of Zac's ineffectiveness today (and at VT) was due to receivers just not being able to get open against a good defense? I want to say it was the rain but it looked a lot like VT: lots of really, really inaccurate balls. Not a knock on Zac because I've always been in his corner over the "start Green" crowd, and because he was a baller out there today. But I'm wondering: is this going to be a trend against decent defenses, and does the fault lie with the receivers? Are the new players going to get more shots here?

I'm hyped that we won. REALLY really excited. Just interesting to watch the development here at WR. And how about that catch in endzone by Paul between two defenders. What a throw and what a grab.