NU puts Woody Paige over the edge

WCHusker

I keep waiting for the ever popular "blame Bush" from Hawkins, it works everywhere else why not here?

Didn't we discuss the idea that CU couldn't afford to buy Hawkins out AND hire a new coach over in the Big12 section? I think I argued that Hawkins would be back because CU is so deep in the hole financially.

When the Chancellor came out and said he supported Hawkins and should be given another year that sort of sealed the deal. Sure money contributed, but the buyout money was in place through private donors.

I keep waiting for the ever popular "blame Bush" from Hawkins, it works everywhere else why not here?

Didn't we discuss the idea that CU couldn't afford to buy Hawkins out AND hire a new coach over in the Big12 section? I think I argued that Hawkins would be back because CU is so deep in the hole financially.

When the Chancellor came out and said he supported Hawkins and should be given another year that sort of sealed the deal. Sure money contributed, but the buyout money was in place through private donors.

I'm sure you know the ins and outs of CU football far better than I do . . . but what else do you think could motivate keeping Hawkins another year besides not being able to afford otherwise? Every aspect of the program looks terrible . . . except the players have been well behaved. What's your insight?

I'm sure you know the ins and outs of CU football far better than I do . . . but what else do you think could motivate keeping Hawkins another year besides not being able to afford otherwise? Every aspect of the program looks terrible . . . except the players have been well behaved. What's your insight?

This last statement, the University as was I was embarrassed by Gary Barnett and Hawkins doesn't put up with any crap from his players or the students. For example it has now been 3 days since the game and the only complaint is from my forum stalker about the Colorado marching band playing in their own stadium, wow, how sh**ty of us, bring back the piss bombs....lol

This last statement, the University as was I was embarrassed by Gary Barnett and Hawkins doesn't put up with any crap from his players or the students. For example it has now been 3 days since the game and the only complaint is from my forum stalker about the Colorado marching band playing in their own stadium, wow, how sh**ty of us, bring back the piss bombs....lol

You know Beachbuffs...you are nice to have around and you make it hard not to like Colorado a little bit haha. But I have to say I love the way they are handling this Hawkins situation. They said they would give him 5 years and that is what they are doing...shows a lot of integrity by that program I think. Now they could be doing it cause they can't afford it, but I am going with they are showing integrity because I really think that is why he is staying for one more year.

You know Beachbuffs...you are nice to have around and you make it hard not to like Colorado a little bit haha. But I have to say I love the way they are handling this Hawkins situation. They said they would give him 5 years and that is what they are doing...shows a lot of integrity by that program I think. Now they could be doing it cause they can't afford it, but I am going with they are showing integrity because I really think that is why he is staying for one more year.

Bohn may have also put out some feelers for people he wanted and maybe he was turned down by them as well.