Colorado at #8 Nebraska, Saturday 11/28/2009

Colorado (7-21 overall, 2-17 conference) at #8 Nebraska (22-6 overall, 15-4 conference)

When: Saturday, November 28th, 7:00pm CT

Where: NU Coliseum, Lincoln, Nebraska

TV: None

Video Webcast: CLICK HERE

Audio Webcast: CLICK HERE

Live Stats: CLICK HERE

This will be the final regular season home appearance for senion middle blocker Kori Cooper, who was honored as an Academic All-American on Monday.

Nebraska sweeps Colorado easily, 25-16, 25-11, 25-11.

Lots of players saw action last night. Not a lot of production from the OHs but good numbers from the MBs. Megan Pendergast got to display her jump serve. Jessica Yanz got time at setter. Kori Cooper set Sydney Anderson on the right side for a kill. She also got the kill on the match-winning point. She does it all! LOL.

Nebraska Coach John Cook

On Kori Cooper’s senior night

“I was just thinking about how many college athletes, especially female student-athletes, in the sport of volleyball, get to have an ending to their career here at Nebraska for the regular season and that was as loud as I’ve ever heard for a senior in here. The fact that nobody leaves, it just makes you speechless. It makes me really appreciate what we have at Nebraska. This is really special, and Kori will remember that for the rest of her life as a student-athlete here at Nebraska.”

On heading into postseason action

“We just have to keep trusting it. The thing that I’m going to tell the team is that we talked about our goal being a November to remember. We have the best record in the Big 12 in the month of November. We haven’t been aced in five matches. I know we’re hitting over .300 in the month of November. We haven’t lost a single set. This team has to take that and take it into December and if they do then they’re going to do great things. I think that’s what we’re going to be selling them on. They’ve earned the right now to be a great team.”

On bringing back the camouflage jacket

“The girls were texting me last night wondering where the camo jacket was, so they wanted to bring it out today. I think that was a tribute to Kori. These guys are awesome. They gave her a great present and the camo jacket, and they made these little camo ribbon things that the moms made. That’s the fun side of coaching girls. I guess they’re into that kind of stuff. It means a lot. It makes it special for them.”

On the team’s play in November

“I knew this team was going to start hitting on all cylinders at some point. Again, that’s what we said, we laid it all out there for them to make it a ‘November to Remember.’ We set it out there for them and they went and got it. I’m really proud of them for that. They have to feel really good about what they’ve done and where they can go.”

On the selection show tomorrow

“I’m going to be really interested to see how it all shakes out. In my mind, I have where I think teams should go, but that’s just in my mind. I think if the committee is creative, they can make some great matchups and great stories in the regionals and in the first and second rounds. It could be a really entertaining and exciting tournament because I think there are a couple of teams that are showing that they’re at a really high level and then there are a bunch of teams that are showing that anybody can beat anybody at any given night. So it’s going to be a great tournament. My hope is that we’re here for second round.”

On how Kori Cooper has impacted Coach Cook

“I was listening to all of her accomplishments and when you’re coaching them every day, you’re not attuned to that. She’s been on an incredible journey. She’s won a National Championship, she’s a two-time Academic All-American. She’s put up great numbers. She’s been on teams with five All-Americans around here, she’s been on teams with one or two All-Americans around her. She’s gone from a freshman to a senior leader. I just think that she has experienced the whole spectrum as a college student-athlete. She’s done a great job with that. I think that’s what the fans showed her tonight, how much they appreciate and admire what she’s done here and what she is.”