Husker Football Recruiting Appreciation Thread

Nexus

FWIW, I was inspired to make this thread because I just found out that Texas received 12 solid verbals this weekend from their first round of Junior Day. They have another one coming up on the 27th of this month. All 12 of those prospects are from Texas. 11 of them are on the Rivals 250 Watch List.

Translation: Texas doesn't recruit, they select.

So the motivation of this thread is to show appreciation for what our staff has to endure throughout each recruiting cycle. You factor in the rigorous flying miles and man hours put forth into something that has no guarantee of yielding favorable results in the end. Like Bo said in his signing day presser, it's all a big crap shoot.

If anyone read or heard Bo's signing day presser, he also let it be known that JP took the Owa news pretty hard. I was fascinated by that comment for the simple fact that Bo isn't the type to share that kind of information, especially of that nature. Usually those types of questions get the "no comment" and leaves it up to our imagination. I sensed that maybe indirectly, Bo shared that brief piece of vulnerable info. to show Nebraska fans just how hard they work and the emotional investment that they put into the whole process.

Because of our unattractive geographic location and relatively small talent pool within our own borders, our staff has to work that much harder in trying to attract prospects outside of the 500 mile radius (8 hour drive). Can you imagine how hard it is trying to do character evaluations on potential targets who live 1,200 miles away? The amount of time spent on the phone and in living rooms trying to measure if a kid is Nebraska material or not? That's a whole other animal to measure. As much emphasis that our staff puts into finding good character builders for the program means that they have to go the extra mile to ensure they're getting a good player who fits the culture and attitude of Nebraska football. So when a guy like JP takes rejection hard like that, it's understandable, considering all the work he puts into it.

So here's to Bo, Carl, Wats, Barney, JP, Ek, Beck, Gilmore and Brown for their dedication and effort in a game that more often than not, works against them. Your hard work does not go unnoticed.

• Fire 4

Very nice post Nexus. Congrats staff on getting the right types of players that you work your tails off to get. Maybe someday we can pick and choose through recruits wanting to jump on the bandwagon of the National Title machine that will be Nebraska soon enough. I've been pretty consistently impressed with this staff. Keep on satisfying boys! :horns2

• Fire 1

Very nice post Nexus. Congrats staff on getting the right types of players that you work your tails off to get. Maybe someday we can pick and choose through recruits wanting to jump on the bandwagon of the National Title machine that will be Nebraska soon enough. I've been pretty consistently impressed with this staff. Keep on satisfying boys! :horns2

Either that, or science, engineers, and technology can find ways for travel to be faster. :corndance