Friday practice: Offensive upperhand

Nexus

Senior defensive end Pierre Allen would prefer to not have to say it, but he's an honest dude. "(The) offense kind of got after us a little bit today," Allen said after Friday's practice. "I hate to say it but it is what it is. We're building. Just got a lot of technique issues, but it's going to get better."

Husker coach Bo Pelini also praised the offensive efficiency in the 10th of 15 spring practices.

"I thought we had a real good practice offensively," Pelini said. "We did some good some good things on both sides of the football. We have a number of things we need to get cleaned up. We haven't installed in a few days. We're kind of just sticking with what we have in right now. We have a lot of basic things we have to keep getting fixed and keep working on, but overall it's OK. I'm looking forward to tomorrow's practice."

The Huskers will be back on the practice field Saturday morning, though Pelini noted it won't resemble the 150-play scrimmage the team underwent last Saturday.

"We'll have some scrimmaging and some regular practice," Pelini said. "It's going to be a little bit of a mix. It's not going to be like the same format as last week."

LINK