WCO FOUR back set? YES!

Aaron5

With all our running backs in the stable, I've been thinking a lot about having some 2 or 3 back sets to maximize the talent on the field. I say why not have a FOUR back set. Can you imagine Ross, Jackson, Lucky and Glen all on the filed together? It could...er WOULD upen up a lot of flanker screens and under routes out of the Z456 and Q765 allignments. Also if Taylor has any wheels, it virtually leaves him uncovered to execute a variety of bootleg packages.

im not sure of what all the rules are so i wont say anything bad about him having penus envy or stuff like that.

That's fine. It just bothers me sometimes when people post even though they've never played the game. They just spread dis-information. Aaron might be one of them.

That's one of the reasons I got kicked off of Huskerpedia. I got tired of all the non-football playin' mutha f%&k....rs, you know.

lex, have you read the board rules? It seems like you're just attacking me instead of adding something insightful to the thread.

BTW, what's wrong with a 4 back set? Callahan/Norvell are some of the most innovative offensive minds in the game today (remember what they did with the Raiders??????).

lex, have you read the board rules? It seems like you're just attacking me instead of adding something insightful to the thread.

BTW, what's wrong with a 4 back set? Callahan/Norvell are some of the most innovative offensive minds in the game today (remember what they did with the Raiders??????).

No, I haven't read the rules, but this is America. If you say something stupid, you should expect to be called on it (or worse).

lex, have you read the board rules?  It seems like you're just attacking me instead of adding something insightful to the thread.

BTW, what's wrong with a 4 back set?  Callahan/Norvell are some of the most innovative offensive minds in the game today (remember what they did with the Raiders??????).

No, I haven't read the rules, but this is America. If you say something stupid, you should expect to be called on it (or worse).

Well, it's Rule #1! Remember, just because YOU think something is "stupid" doesn't mean everyone else does.

#1 - No Flaming/Trolling/Defamatory posts

Strong opinions are encouraged, and debated is not only welcomed – it's the main reason the board exists. If what you are considering posting doesn’t advance the issue being discussed – if it’s just taking a “shot” at someone – then either don’t post it, or phrase it in a way that meets the rules.

There is absolutely no reason to verbally attack another user (aka flaming), and/or posting a message for the express purpose of generating a negative response (trolling).

Any defamatory posts made against HuskerBoard, its representatives, or any other member may result in an immediate ban or temporary account disablement.

Posts outside of the general theme of the topic which you are posting within will be moved or deleted.

lex, have you read the board rules?  It seems like you're just attacking me instead of adding something insightful to the thread.

BTW, what's wrong with a 4 back set?  Callahan/Norvell are some of the most innovative offensive minds in the game today (remember what they did with the Raiders??????).

Well, it's Rule #1! Remember, just because YOU think something is "stupid" doesn't mean everyone else does.

#1 - No Flaming/Trolling/Defamatory posts

Strong opinions are encouraged, and debated is not only welcomed – it's the main reason the board exists. If what you are considering posting doesn’t advance the issue being discussed – if it’s just taking a “shot” at someone – then either don’t post it, or phrase it in a way that meets the rules.

There is absolutely no reason to verbally attack another user (aka flaming), and/or posting a message for the express purpose of generating a negative response (trolling).

Any defamatory posts made against HuskerBoard, its representatives, or any other member may result in an immediate ban or temporary account disablement.

Posts outside of the general theme of the topic which you are posting within will be moved or deleted.

Look man, we're cool. I just think its apparent that you don't know much about football. I coached high school for several years, so maybe keep that in mind when addressing me, ok?

How about we talk about what the thread is about?

You can't have a 4-back set in football. You have to have 7 men on the line of scrimage. You've got 5 linemen, and either 2 TEs or a TE and a WR or 2 WRs. That leaves only 4 players in the backfield including the quarterback. Aside from the impossiblility of a 4-back set, I really doubt Coach C will even use any 3-back sets. The original WCO was made to work out of only single-back sets and the modern versions, though they aren't only singlebacks anymore, don't usualy use more than 2.

Look at some 3-back sets:

TE T G C G T TE

_____QB

_HB_____HB

_____FB

TE T G C G T TE

_____QB

_____FB

_____HB

_____HB

The defense is basically forced into putting 8-9 guys in the box, simply because all of your players are there, and is pretty ineffective in any offense other than a power-option.