Welcome to the Big10 Husker Nation

Wanted to say welcome to the Big Ten from a Spartan Grad. I know you guys may be hating the thought of losing your rivalry games, but in short time I think you'll appreciate playing in the conference and definitely the games against the heavyweights. I know I speak for most of us in Big 10 country that we are pumped to have Nebraska join.

I am with you all in your hatred of Texas, but I think you are trading one and picking up another in Michigan. The arrogance is different in some ways, but very much the same. The fan base is drinks the kool-aid, facts be dammed about anything.

We're on the rise in football, so I think we should give you a much better game than in the Alamo bowl and certainly better than the two games in the mid-90's.

Looking forward to 2011. Welcome Nebraska!

Classy move st8grad! Regarding our rivalries, I don't consider ourselves having one at this point. Even though most Husker fans have panged for the OU/NU rivalry, OU and many of their fans have not reciprocated since Big12. Most of us never considered CU a rivalry, although CU did. Right now, Mizzou of all teams, is probably closest to being considered a rival. Outside of OU, the former big8 teams were just speed bumps on the way to the Orange Bowl. Despite the recent increase in UT "hate", none of the new big12 teams would be considered a rival. We just haven't played for enough time.

From what I've read, it sounds like we've got some good foundations in place for potential new rivals.