Shawne Merriman has praise for Carlos Polk

Listening to the Dan Patrick show, Shawne Merriman of the Chargers is talking about vocal leaders and their effect on setting teams' attitudes and lifting everyone's level - whether they are the best players or not. He mentioned how some guys were vocal just for the coaches, but he also praised how Carlos Polk "every day, you just heard his loud mouth" - a genuine high energy, vocal leader type of guy despite just being a special teams player.

I always liked Polk when he was here. Good to see a shout-out from Merriman.

Merriman also talked about what an underrated, high motor guy Vanden Bosch is and how he's the best possible thing for Suh - someone to take the pressure off him. Said they were trying to get the same thing they had in Tennessee with Kyle & Haynesworth...sounds like Suh is expected to eat up 2 guys rather than dominate the highlight reels.

He said he got the chance to spend a lot of time this offseason with Suh, and is impressed with how focused he is, as a rookie coming in with so much attention.

Interesting. Thanks for posting! I think i like Merriman now.

KVB is a better influence than Haynesworth that's for sure!

I liked the crawling celebration Polk used to do. It always seemed like he was so excited after a big play that he didn't bother getting up on his feet before celebrating.

Anyone know what Polk is doing now? Last I knew he was cut by the Cowboys.