Survey: Americans don't know much about religion

I took the attached quiz. Got one wrong, but actually I was right. They have Buddhism listed as the religion which deals in Nirvana. Actually it's Hinduism, though I suppose there could be some crossover since Nirvana is an enlightened state.

That's exactly what I thought too. That was only one I missed so now I feel a little better.

I suspect that if this survey where given world wide, you'd end up with much the same result. We tend to use the eurocentric, America is an idiot model when in reality, idiots are everywhere. Most people know only what they find interest in or are forced to deal with in their daily lives. X, you and I are interested in the persuit of knowledge in many areas, but I would presume there are areas you have no interest in and thus limited knowledge of. I for instance have absolutely no interest in celeberty worship so when my wife mentions that some hollywood a-hole is banging some other a-hole my brain just comes up with the old 404 file not found error, and to be fair, when I talk about the third string QB and why the right tackle released his block prematurely, I'm sure that blank look I get from her is much the same response. I suspect that most people feel this way about politics and religion. The fact that we are on this board, and in this section, would seem evidence that we are interested.