Coaching Trade-off

Guest RockyMtnSooner

Guest RockyMtnSooner

You get an ex-Sooner coach and we get one of yours. Blake (a decent recruiter,but horrible coach) will be in Lincoln. Let's look at his stay at OU after the 1996 campaign (his first year) and see how he did. In 1997, he had a smoking record of 2-6 in conference, 4-8 overall including a close 69-7 loss to Nebraska. in 1998, with a ton of talent, Blake led the Sooners to a record of 5-6. The teams OU beat that year: Baylor, North Texas, ISU, TCU, and TTech (before TCU and Tech were any good). We played in (0) bowl games under him and lost to Bob Simmons's OSU Cowboys (a real powerhouse then) in each of these years (30-7 in Norman). Pelini, the best coach on your staff and reason for your 10-3 record (probably 7-6 again without his Defense) will now be on our sideline in November when the Huskers come into town. I truly feel for the great fans of NU. We went thru the bad years when we needed the big name coach (Schnellenberger) and the pro coach (Blake). You could have had the less profiled coach good coach (like Stoops when he came to OU) Pelini, but instead Steve-O needed the big name loser (Callahan). I'll check back in the middle of next season when your players are hanging Callahan over a bridge after he calls them a bunch of stupid idiots. Hey, I just thought of something, If you guys keep Pederson and Texas keeps Mack Brown, we are in good shape. Later-----

Typical Sooner fan. This is why we should require registration. I am sure this guy

couldn't have figured out how to register.

It's obvious Blake probably isn't a good head coach. That's why he isn't NU's head

coach.

Callahan's comments in Oakland, while well deserved, were taken out of context.

Read into it a bit and get back to us instead of just spewing a bunch of crap. They

were the dumbest team. Lost games via penalties. Now that's just dumb.

Why should he go somewhere else?? He makes some good points. Although I tend to think Blake had it tough, especially all the problems Switzer left behind.

Callhan has only lost one place and that was last year. Everywhere else he wins. Check out the analogy Eric "the red" has in his column "...and so it begins". It put s it rather well

redout

Pelini is a great coach and you should be happy you have him... most Husker fans would welcome him back with open arms... :unsure:

But your post has less substance then HuckFuskers post... I mean Pelini was our DC not your D-line coach... and I think most husker fans are happy to see a new coach in that area... Jamrog was a good recruiter but not a great coach... Well atleast we got a hell of a recruiter with questionable coaching... :P We also gained a DC that has years of experience in D-1 football...

You should feel real lucky Pelini is there... no maybe your players will actually tackle and make plays unlike the last two games of the year... :huh: Your other Co DC seems to be in too big of shoes... he sure is no great prize himself! :blink:

Plus... We all knew Pelini was not going to stay here forever... but the same can be said about his short stay in Norman... he will stay for a couple years then he waves goodbye and goes to another job to be a head coach... :D

Guest RockyMtnSooner

From Butiki: Aren't there Soomer boears out there for you to post your mindless drivel on? What a tool.

What? I think I just got a little dumber for reading that!

Anyway, I said nothing bad about you Huskers just that the Administration probably didn't make the correct decision. To think, I felt sorry for you fans. In 2000, I must have hung out with the decent NU fans, because they were all pretty cool and just wanted to talk football, not be childish and defensive. I got a feeling Butiki is the only one at his tailgate party! Later----

I actually like to see posts from different angles. that was some interesting info I didnt know about those guys. I thought it was an objective opinion backed up by stats, so I have no problem with this guys take. he stated his case very clearly and still showed some respect at the same time. on the other hand this jerkoff huckfuskers and kstatewildmuf that come in here just post mindless banter and show absolutely no wherewithall or substance on any subject.

keep em coming RockyMtnSooner, a differnt opinon is good for this board whether some people recognize it or not. so post away brutha.

"If you guys keep Pederson and Texas keeps Mack Brown, we are in good shape. Later----- " RokcyMtnSooner

Does that sound like a flame to you Huskerbob? :blink: Sure sounds like one to me... but you are gana say he backs up his opinions with facts? HOW?

or maybe this is the facts your talking about :o

"I'll check back in the middle of next season when your players are hanging Callahan over a bridge after he calls them a bunch of stupid idiots."

Yeah... his post was no flame at all! And WOW he showed NU some love! <_<

Guest RockyMtnSooner

Come on, Pile! Just some comedy added in. Check my other posts. Hey, we went thru the same thing and I know it sucks. We were completely sweet-talked and fooled by Schnellenberger and continued the downward spiral with Blake. I would want nothing more than OU vs NU to decide who plays in the Nat'l Champ. and at least wins the big XII. It is too good of a rivalry to lose. Now, OK St. thinks they are our biggest rivals, HAHAHAHAHA! LIGHTEN UP-------------

Dear Pile,

Let's look at his stay at OU after the 1996 campaign (his first year) and see how he did. In 1997, he had a smoking record of 2-6 in conference, 4-8 overall including a close 69-7 loss to Nebraska. in 1998, with a ton of talent, Blake led the Sooners to a record of 5-6. The teams OU beat that year: Baylor, North Texas, ISU, TCU, and TTech (before TCU and Tech were any good). We played in (0) bowl games under him and lost to Bob Simmons's OSU Cowboys (a real powerhouse then) in each of these years (30-7 in Norman). Pelini, the best coach on your staff and reason for your 10-3 record (probably 7-6 again without his Defense) will now be on our sideline in November when the Huskers come into town.
are facts.

I truly feel for the great fans of NU.
is respect.

"I'll check back in the middle of next season when your players are hanging Callahan over a bridge after he calls them a bunch of stupid idiots."
is opinion

"If you guys keep Pederson and Texas keeps Mack Brown, we are in good shape.
is the opinion many of us HAD (including you I believe) until the recent positive momentum with new coachs and recruts, and many of us STILL have.

He provided legitmate opinons and stats which last time I checked what message boards were all about. Personally i like to hear the other sides take, rather than myopic scarlet & cream haze filled banter. but dont get me wrong, I love some good old fashioned Husker bias myself, and appreciate you pile for stickn up for Husker nation even if your rsponse made no sense.

sincerely,

bob