So I'm at lunch today....

by myself. Everyone else has gone. I think "Man, Im in the mood for some Chik-fil-a" and off I go. Its packed, people everywhere. I finally get a seat at a table for four, but im the only one sitting there. Just as I get my food ready this dude about my age (fourty something or another) say "Hey man, Can I sit here?" I look up and lo and behold this dude has on a longwhorns hat. I said sure and motioned for him to have a seat. He sits and I say "Whorn fan, huh?" he says "Yep, and it sucks to be in Arkansas right now, everyone is giving me grief." I say "Well, I can make things better for ya, your not sittin with an Arkansas fan you sitting with a HUSKER fan!" He just kind of laughs and says "Well, I figure that NU is fixin to hammer the sh$* out of Texas."

We eneded up having a long conversation about college football and the direction our repsective programs are heading. He was really a nice guy, but says that most folks in Texas have written this one off and hope that they get out of Lincoln with some sort of pride left.

I know anything can happen, I just thought it was interesting at the mindset that some of the fans have.

by myself. Everyone else has gone. I think "Man, Im in the mood for some Chik-fil-a" and off I go. Its packed, people everywhere. I finally get a seat at a table for four, but im the only one sitting there. Just as I get my food ready this dude about my age (fourty something or another) say "Hey man, Can I sit here?" I look up and lo and behold this dude has on a longwhorns hat. I said sure and motioned for him to have a seat. He sits and I say "Whorn fan, huh?" he says "Yep, and it sucks to be in Arkansas right now, everyone is giving me grief." I say "Well, I can make things better for ya, your not sittin with an Arkansas fan you sitting with a HUSKER fan!" He just kind of laughs and says "Well, I figure that NU is fixin to hammer the sh$* out of Texas."

We eneded up having a long conversation about college football and the direction our repsective programs are heading. He was really a nice guy, but says that most folks in Texas have written this one off and hope that they get out of Lincoln with some sort of pride left.

I know anything can happen, I just thought it was interesting at the mindset that some of the fans have.

I hope that those feelings also resonate to the Texas players.

mmmmmmm Chick-fil-a! The only redeeming quality in knowing there is not a Runza within a 12 hour drive.