Taylor Martinez

I wonder what would have happened had we not switch QB's, and made the same play calls. It seemed like Zac Lee had some success with the zone-read, however a little bit quicker, and I think he could have busted some big plays.

As long as we play lights out football the rest of the year and beat OU in the CCG, I will let Texas snark about this one.

I wonder what would have happened had we not switch QB's, and made the same play calls. It seemed like Zac Lee had some success with the zone-read, however a little bit quicker, and I think he could have busted some big plays.

As long as we play lights out football the rest of the year and beat OU in the CCG, I will let Texas snark about this one.

Well, it looked to me like Taylor was making a lot of bad reads. I wonder if Texas' defense was trying to throw him off. Also, remember Zac's first drive was helped along by two big penalties by Texas. Those don't happen, we likely punt on our side of the field rather than kicking a FG. That's all the points zac gave us, the other 7 was Hagg. He did seem to be making the right reads when he ran read option, but the OL also wasn't getting pushed back 2 yards either. The receivers also actually caught a couple of balls for Zac, that probably helped open things up as well.

edit: actually, this is a brilliant analysis. http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/topic/47603-how-utsdsu-defended-nebraska/page__view__findpost__p__675353