When we move to the Big Ten next year

husker_99

4 losses means 8-9 wins, remember.

That's pretty expectable for par for the course. Consistent seasons like that have to be counted as a success, because there will be some stretches of better runs in there (and perhaps some of worse). Nobody does better in the long run, and you can ask USC or Texas that.

The Putrid Michigan State Academy for the Armless? Ouch.

State is 10-1 and I have both of my arms. So there. Of course Nebraska can beat anyone in the Big 10. But this isn't going to be the cakewalk that some of you think. The physicality of the league is a good match for Nebraska, but it will take a much bigger toll than the Big XII. The team comparisons that have been made on here may or may not be right, but it's all apple to oranges anyway.

Our bowl alignments left us exposed to superior teams and the years that we have had a second team get picked for an at large BCS berth it disrupted it further. Our new setup is much better and I have no idea how we got hosed on that in the first place.

I know you some of you have a big attachment to the Big XII and I don't blame you. You are going to find in short order the Big 10 to be a much better home and a gigantic red carpet rolled out for you. You come already with an intense amount of respect and we are all marking the date on our calendars when we play you.

I'm nervous to have Nebraska in our division of the Big 10, but I can't wait to make my first trip to Lincoln next year. We are 10-1 with a great majority of the superior talent still in the underclassmen ranks. We graduate some key seniors this year, but we will try and match up in Lincoln. No more 55-13 games. Plus having you in our division guarantees the Arrogant Wolverines one more loss next season.

If any of you travel to the Horseshoe to play the Buckeye's just watch yourselves there. It can get pretty rough and dirty there. I don't know what's wrong with those fans, but we have been in some near altercations there completely unprovoked by us.

Whether you all like making the move or not, we are all pumped to have you join. Finally you are rid of those jackwagon's at Texas.

I also forgot, you join the league with a target on your back. Everyone will give you their best game in at least your first season. It's not going to be as easy as you think. Just ask Penn St.

Again, a huge welcome and keep kicking a$$ your next couple games.

A huge welcome again.

I agree that you guys should do fine in the Big Ten, but I also think some people are selling the Big Ten teams really short this year. First of all, the pecking order in the Big Ten this year is Wisky > OSU > Iowa > MSU. The fact that Sparty isn't 8-3 or 7-4 is amazing to me. I think Wisconsin could handle OU (but then I'm not overly impressed with OU this year), but would have more trouble with Okie St. OSU actually matches up better with the Pokes and that is a game I would like to see. Iowa would not only beat Mizzou, but I don't think it would be close (I think you guys exposed them for being mediocre, just like K St.) And I think the Aggies would beat MSU. Hopefully badly. PSU and K St. would be a good game. Michigan and Baylor would light up the scoreboard. Illinois is usually tougher when they are at home. NW tends to play close games well. And Purdue, Indiana, and Minnesota are tougher than a bye week. Usually.

One thing that lines up nicely for you guys next year is Iowa and Wisconsin losing senior leaders at QB. And I believe Wisconsin loses their top 2 receivers as well. But don't take that running game lightly. Possibly the best O-line in the nation. The first year will be an adjustment for you guys and the rest of the conference playing you. Your third year is when I think you guys will have a great season. Just remember, PSU thought they were going to dominate the conference when they joined and it hasn't quite worked out that way. FWIW I think you will fare much better.

Very good post.

Non-Big Ten fans seem to sell the Big Ten short, but come bowl season, they will prove the skeptics wrong just as they did last year.

The "Big Ten is lacking athleticism and speed" nonsense has to go.

I'm not sure where it came from but it is completely unfounded.

Compared to the SEC? Sure.

But no conference matches up with the SEC's athleticism.