Yesterdays Game

cb1954

Without going to the grief of thinking about other bad losses, I would put yesterdays game in the top 10 of biggest disappointments ever. More than likely its the last NU/OU game I will ever see. I also don't want to try and think of all the OU games I have seen the Huskers find a way to lose a close one vs the Sooners. I knew it would be hard to win, but with Martinez and a 17-0 lead I thought we had it.

I'm not an expert but the play calling at times seemed off.

As far as Martinez, I hope he comes back next year. Keep in mind he is Freshman and its his first year playing. Tommie Frazier only completed 44% of his passes when he was a freshman and we lost to ISU who had a losing record that year. I also remember Scott Frost being booed early in his Junior year. Both of those guys turned out ok. I Taylor had a great year, at least up till when he got hurt. If he was 100% all year, I think we beat aTm even with the officials and the manhandler, and maybe OU as well. It wouldn't hurt to have a better oline and guy calling the plays.

One last thing, NU can get recievers from all over the country who have speed, height, moves etc. and thats great, but I also hope we get some Nebraska kids who would crawl through broken glass to get on the field, they seem to at least be able to catch a football once in awhile.