Tried to play this morning and kept getting the "Open Tray" error. If your not familiar, it happens when you have a disc in and it spins for about a second and stops and you get the message "Open Tray" and it won't read your disc.

I took it apart this morning to have a look. There are a lot of suggestions on the Internet but some of them I would stay away from. Most of them involved cleaning the laser with all sorts of goofy stuff. I would not recommend that at all! One of them even tells you that you have to keep your covers off and spin the disc by hand, this is what happened to me and I think is the most accurate on what happens most the time.

What happened last night was I was taking a game out and I accidentally turned the console power off, the system shut down with the tray out. It seems that when I turned it back on the laser was not in the correct position to read the disc when inserted. I had to open it up and put the laser back in the correct spot and now it works perfect again.

Hopes this helps if anybody ever has this problem, just remember if you crack open your Xbox the warranty is void. I have just found it is a lot easier, faster and cheaper to work on it myself.

post-4948-060020900 1292097577.jpg post-4948-047294900 1292097595.jpg