high profile recruits

Hunter94

is it my imagination or what? seems like few of the high profile guys are interested in us......1-5% chance of landing these guys makes reading and hoping of getting them pretty disheartening, so i guess we continue to go after the Juco guys? i hope i am wrong here, but it seems that our great recruiters are slipping now, especially when you see how many great players have already comitted to the Florida and Texas schools........

hunter

Well iI guess it depends on how you look at it. I would say no. The staff doesn't have as many commits right now because they are on so many high profile guys. The staff has to wait on those guys first, if those guys go elsewhere then you'll see quicker commits.

Out of the top 100 players, approximatly 1/3 of them have committed, and roughly 20 different schools have captured those commits.

I think the point you were making is that some players have crossed NU off their list and are looking at Florida and Texas schools. Well that happens every year, that happened last year, this is what happens when you go after the top guys in the top states.

Nebraska, like all schools, set up their own specific blueprints for who and what type of player they are going to recruit. They have what they are going to promote. The Huskers promote: fans, academics, morals, X's and O's, atmosphere, college town, nothing to do but football and school. You know Florida promotes: fans, atmoshere, beach, half naked chicks sunbathing. Colorado: academics, mountains, other kinds of girls.

You get the point. And all the above are in different order according to each schools preference on what they want to promote. The beach is easy to promote, the Huskers "type of guys" takes more time to convince.

i agree, what i don't like is these big names not even coming to visit.....to me if there is nothing but school and football to focus on and those were really important to you, why would you not at least come take a look at NU? i think the other part of this battle to get the best surrounds the high profile TV coverage given to the SEC and Texas, SC, ND schools......that part will probably never change and alot of these guys like the high profile exposure

hunter

Yes, but you have to realize that to many of these young kids it's still Nebraska..."nothing but cornfields". To some of them it's very embarrassing to even acknowledge the fact that Nebraska is recruiting, or offered. Florida is cool, so is Texas. Nebraska is dumb and backwards. That's the mentality for some.

Believe me 90% of the people on this board agree with you, but to the young boys they think otherwise.