Breaking down the Big Ten

2011 Nebraska will be capable of beating anyone in the Big 10 next year. They'll also be capable of losing to anyone in the Big 10.

As far as the offense goes - obviously they have to get better, but I'm looking forward to seeing how they can do in their second year in the system, and how Martinez does, being the first QB to start for two years in a row since Zac Taylor.

This kinda pains me to say, but Jesse has been right on stuff like this more often than not lately. The guy knows his stuff.

Problem is that in this case, Jesse's point is roughly the same as saying, "If Nebraska doesn't score more points than the other team, they're probably not going to win very many games."

This kinda pains me to say, but Jesse has been right on stuff like this more often than not lately. The guy knows his stuff.

Problem is that in this case, Jesse's point is roughly the same as saying, "If Nebraska doesn't score more points than the other team, they're probably not going to win very many games."

True, but he has a good reason for saying this. Our offense fell off a cliff at the middle of the season. If we play like that next year... we're through.

True, but he has a good reason for saying this. Our offense fell off a cliff at the middle of the season. If we play like that next year... we're through.

Once again though, in that piece they were doing on the Huskers, they raved about the defense, and spoke with great trepidation regarding the offense....

2011 Nebraska will be capable of beating anyone in the Big 10 next year. They'll also be capable of losing to anyone in the Big 10.

As far as the offense goes - obviously they have to get better, but I'm looking forward to seeing how they can do in their second year in the system, and how Martinez does, being the first QB to start for two years in a row since Zac Taylor.

Amen.

Husker fans need to get this through their heads:

THE THOUGHT OF BIG TEN SUPERIORITY IS FLAT OUT STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE BIG TWELVE SCHEDULE WE PLAYED LAST YEAR WAS JUST AS TOUGH IF NOT TOUGHER THAN THE ONE THAT WE PLAYED THIS YEAR.

Anyone who thinks that the Tiny Ten is "hard-hitting" or that there is "week in and week out constant grind" in the conference did not follow Iowa all year. Nor did they follow any team that we will be playing for that matter.

Did you watch Nebraska all year long? cause i don't think you did. Most people on this board knows that Wats costs us games this season. We won inspite of Wats not knowing how to run an offense. Wats still calling plays will costs us games next year too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwTOfQ-izgA

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

This is a terrible argument against anything that I have said. You clearly do not know Shawn Watson with the quote that I bolded. This whole board knows what I think about the current OC situation so I will not repeat myself on that. If you would have came up with an intelligent response using factual information and logic it would not be as easy to prove you wrong on all accounts.

The only game that you can make an argument about the coaching losing a game is the Bowl Game where the entire coaching staff lost us that game. Other than that, Watson did not cost us a single game last year. With the above stated you are trying to say that it all lies on the offense. Well, we return two QBs with experience, a workhorse running back with another very talented one coming in, we are deep along the OL, and we have some young talent at the WR spots. SJB and Kenny Bell to be specific. It is not out of the realm of possibility to think that we will be better on offense next year.

Did you not watch the Big Ten last year and the year before? They are NOT better than us. There is not a team in that league that we can't beat. People, like you that think we will go 7-5 are flat out stupid. The schedule is not that much tougher next year if it is at all.

Ok you want stats, here's some: You know Texas Longhorns that no matter what we lose to this is how they fared against Michigan and Ohio State when they have Vince Young and Colt McCoy

Texas 38 Michigan 37 rose bowl

Texas 25 Ohio St 22 The Longhorns won the National Championship and Troy Smith didn't even start

Ohio St 24 Texas 7 Colt McCoy's first big game

Texas 26 Iowa 24 Alamo Bowl

Texas 24 Ohio St 21 fiesta bowl

I bring these up because this was when Texas was on top and even they couldn't destroy Big Ten teams at their height of dominance.

This is a horrid way to break down the strength of a conference!!!!!!!!!!!!! Using your logic then the Big 12 North is way tougher than the Big Ten. Every team minus Iowa State in the Big Ten North has been in the top 10 (maybe the top 5?) in the past decade.

Mizzou - yes

Kansas - yes

KState - yes

CU - yes

ISU - No

Not to mention, Texas was 4-2 in the irrelevant games that you picked out. So :dunno:

lol whatever. Talk overall. They just suck. How many of them have played in the NCG past decade? none. We have won the Big 12 twice now and KState and CU once. So a North team being a top 10 team for ONE year doesn't mean anything. it's called a fluke.

THE THOUGHT OF BIG TEN SUPERIORITY IS FLAT OUT STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE BIG TWELVE SCHEDULE WE PLAYED LAST YEAR WAS JUST AS TOUGH IF NOT TOUGHER THAN THE ONE THAT WE PLAYED THIS YEAR.

Anyone who thinks that the Tiny Ten is "hard-hitting" or that there is "week in and week out constant grind" in the conference did not follow Iowa all year. Nor did they follow any team that we will be playing for that matter.

Did you watch Nebraska all year long? cause i don't think you did. Most people on this board knows that Wats costs us games this season. We won inspite of Wats not knowing how to run an offense. Wats still calling plays will costs us games next year too.

This is a terrible argument against anything that I have said. You clearly do not know Shawn Watson with the quote that I bolded. This whole board knows what I think about the current OC situation so I will not repeat myself on that. If you would have came up with an intelligent response using factual information and logic it would not be as easy to prove you wrong on all accounts.

The only game that you can make an argument about the coaching losing a game is the Bowl Game where the entire coaching staff lost us that game. Other than that, Watson did not cost us a single game last year. With the above stated you are trying to say that it all lies on the offense. Well, we return two QBs with experience, a workhorse running back with another very talented one coming in, we are deep along the OL, and we have some young talent at the WR spots. SJB and Kenny Bell to be specific. It is not out of the realm of possibility to think that we will be better on offense next year.

Did you not watch the Big Ten last year and the year before? They are NOT better than us. There is not a team in that league that we can't beat. People, like you that think we will go 7-5 are flat out stupid. The schedule is not that much tougher next year if it is at all.

Ok you want stats, here's some: You know Texas Longhorns that no matter what we lose to this is how they fared against Michigan and Ohio State when they have Vince Young and Colt McCoy

Texas 25 Ohio St 22 The Longhorns won the National Championship and Troy Smith didn't even start

I bring these up because this was when Texas was on top and even they couldn't destroy Big Ten teams at their height of dominance.

This is a horrid way to break down the strength of a conference!!!!!!!!!!!!! Using your logic then the Big 12 North is way tougher than the Big Ten. Every team minus Iowa State in the Big Ten North has been in the top 10 (maybe the top 5?) in the past decade.

Mizzou - yes

Kansas - yes

KState - yes

CU - yes

ISU - No

Not to mention, Texas was 4-2 in the irrelevant games that you picked out. So :dunno:

lol whatever. Talk overall. They just suck. How many of them have played in the NCG past decade? none. We have won the Big 12 twice now and KState and CU once. So a North team being a top 10 team for ONE year doesn't mean anything. it's called a fluke.

First, what does NCG mean? National Conference Game? :dunno:

Second, so the data you threw out there means more than mine? Nope.

Mizzou - yes

Kansas - yes

KState - yes

CU - yes

ISU - No

National Championship Game

Mizzou - yes

Kansas - yes

KState - yes

CU - yes

ISU - No

Are you serious? Your data is worthless cause none of the North teams besides Missouri had consistent seasons to be a threat. It's more likely that Iowa, Michigan, and Michigan St. will be more consistent record wise than the other North teams. We will have more than one team to worry about to win the Legends division. Also throw in Penn State every year and our division is much tougher than now. The only team in our division that will be a bottom feeder is Minnesota. If you want to throw in bowl games take into consideration that the Big Ten plays more SEC teams than the Big 12 does. Which is a home game for the SEC any way you look at it.