Favorite/Least Favorite Announcers

Roark

I realize most Nebraska fans don't live in the south and don't get to listen to Atlanta Braves broadcast on the radio but Skip Carrey was the all time best baseball anouncer. Unfortunately he passed away.

As far as football anouncers go I love Todd Blackburn and the guy who works with him on ESPN. Big fan of Keith Jackson and Vern Lundquist. Can't stand that women who does play by play with ESPN. Thats not because I'm sexist because Dorris Burk is on of my favorite basketball commentators. Brent Mussburger is a moron. I thought this before I joined the board and heard the open container story. I have never developed more hate for a sports commentator than watching the ESPN greatest team ever tournament and listening to Herbstreit cry about Nebraska being voted the best. He insulted an entire state of people and I can't beleive people are saying they like him. The guy is an Ohio State homer who loves USC and Miami. He did not even act like the fact that the 95 team is the only team to go undefeated, won the national championship and won every game by 14 or more. He is a moron.

Cris Collinsworth is one of those guys who nobody is neutral on. People either like him or hate him. I like him. But what do I know?——I also like Kirk Herbstreit. Okay, I’m out of the closet with my like for Herbstreit. And I like sammiches too. Take your best shot. heh

Haha, in all honesty, Herbstreit doesn't make too bad of an announcer. Had he not done the whole '95 Huskers thing, I don't think there would be nearly as much hate for him around here.

Cris Collinsworth is one of those guys who nobody is neutral on. People either like him or hate him. I like him. But what do I know?——I also like Kirk Herbstreit. Okay, I'm out of the closet with my like for Herbstreit. And I like sammiches too. Take your best shot. heh

Haha, in all honesty, Herbstreit doesn't make too bad of an announcer. Had he not done the whole '95 Huskers thing, I don't think there would be nearly as much hate for him around here.

No. I pretty much thought he sucked long before that.