Danny Woodhead

If the University of Nebraska, who is renowned for their walk-on program, have ever missed on a player, it’s Danny Woodhead.

Debatable, but still an awfully nce player

That was one flaw with his article since Nebraska did ask him to walk-on. Yet he actually referenced that earlier in the article. ???? It's hard to say how Woodhead would have done at Nebraska but he is definately one heck of an athlete!!

this is also debatable but honestly...i think kade pittman(im sure some of you might remember this name).. would have the single season rushing record at north platte if it wasn't for a knee injury super early his senior season.

I followed Danny Woodhead when he was in high school and I continue to follow him at Chadron State, although I have not seen him play since he enrolled at Chadron. Woodhead continues to amaze, running for over 300 yards recently.

Just wondering if any of you think Woodhead could have made it at Nebraska. To my knowledge he never got a look from Solich, which is a shame. He's similar in size to Cory Ross and I can't help but think he could have made it at NU.

I think he could start at half the big 12 teams and would play some running back for Nebraska. The kid is flat out amazing. Fast, strong, tough! He is a Junior now. Has started since a freshman. Just kills teams.

Danny Woodhead was Nebraska athlete of the yr his Sr. yr. He led the state in rushing. Broke records. Was one of the fastest guys in track (Took state gold one yr in the 100 meters) until he decided to play soccer his sr. yr and then he starred in that. Led the state in scoring his sr yr in basketball. Scored like 23 TDs his frosh yr at Chadron.

I couldn't believe NU offered Grixby (who by the way is smaller) his jr yr in HS while they felt Danny was too small. Since then he has added 10 lbs or so and is around 200lbs. He is much stronger than people think and doesn't go down as easy as ppl may think. You would be surprised watching him in person run. He may win the Harlan Hill award (Heisman equivalent) for his division. Barry Sanders was about his size in college...

There is no doubt in my mind this young man could have played division I football. Schools missed the boat on this one...

Shoulda, woulda, coulda!

Danny Woodhead was a great running back in High School and is doing great at a D2 school. He has made the best out of the situation he was put in. He would not have played running back an UNL with the current running back log jam. I don't believe he is tough enough to play anywhere on defense like Rigoni. No chance to be a receiver.

We would have showcased him as a returner. I think being the gamer he is, he would of been unhappy being limited to return action. He probably would have transferred back to a D2 school in the long run anyway.

Chardon State was and is still the best opportunity to get noticed by the NFL!

:cheers