Chryst schooled the Pelini's

Us Badger fans are just lucky Chryst hasn't left for the next level yet.

Wilson is also really, really special.

Amazing what he does for that team. That is the kind of QB I want to see. And really, Wisconsin's offense...is the kind of offense we all want, I think.

It looked to me that Chryst was very effective at isolating the inexperienced spots on our defense. For instance, the touchdown Stafford let by looked to be designed at exactly that: make Stafford choose between several options, knowing that he will more than likely choose wrong.

Not every good defense needs lock down corners and safeties. Is it me, or are the Pelini's being stubborn by playing a defensive style that doesn't give the inexperienced players any support. Leaving them on an island, per se? Wouldn't most defensive coordinators attempt to steer most plays to the experienced players by giving the inexp. players some support? Lastly, why the Evans matched up against Toon at all? Is that all opposing teams have to do to get their star reciever uncovered... put them on the opposite side of our all american?

I think you might be looking at the KINGS OF STUBBORN.

Amazing what he does for that team. That is the kind of QB I want to see. And really, Wisconsin's offense...is the kind of offense we all want, I think.

Everybody wants Wisconsin's offense, but yes. I think our offenses would be very similar if we too had a dual threat QB like they have in Wilson. Hell, your not gonna come across guys like Wilson every day, but if we could even get someone close to that, I think with our talent on offense we would be a National Title Contender. I made a comment like that a few weeks back. All I said was that I wish we had more of a dual threat QB instead of just a running QB like Martinez.......then I proceeded to have my head chewed off because I wasn't jock riding Martinez like some of the fools here. BECK WANTS TO THROW THE DAMN BALL! I don't know why guys can't see that. Nope everybody said, why would we replace Martinez, he's 70% of our offense,blah blah blah. I think Beck has this offense headed in the right direction. It's just too bad that he keeps trying to jam the passing game down our throats with a kid that clearly can't execute it.....(Martinez). Figure out what your gonna do at QB Beck or your ass will be right behind Watson. If we have to look at this same sickly looking sh#t offense til' Martinez graduates, well....then I guess I'll be one pissed off Husker fan. Not that Pelini and company cares how the fans feel about things. Hell, it's only hard earned money Nebraskans spend to follow this team around the country to see them get their ass kicked in the big games.

Exactly! Get someone who can be an effective offense-runner and a passer, and we can really unleash our promising set of offensive weapons. Bell, Enunwa, Kinnie, Kyler, Jamal...all our RBs. Think of the possibilities if we weren't tied to running almost all the time, lest we do something silly like throw three picks.

Wisconsin even ran all the time, but only because they could. They are deadly through the air with Wilson when they need to be. We are only effective through the air when it's set up perfectly...and that's a liability.

The title of this topic is right on though. I don't blame this game on Martinez ( atleast not completely), I don't blame our defense, or any other players. This coaching staff got their asses outcoached in every aspect. Preparation, game time adjustments, and player development. We were shown last night what a top ten team looks like. We aren't even close.

The title of this topic is right on though. I don't blame this game on Martinez ( atleast not completely), I don't blame our defense, or any other players. This coaching staff got their asses outcoached in every aspect. Preparation, game time adjustments, and player development. We were shown last night what a top ten team looks like. We aren't even close.

Wisconsin is the best team on our slate. Period, end of discussion. That team we played last night will not lose another game, and deserves to be in the top 5. Now, we are close. Look at how we played in the first quarter. Consistency is the key. If we wouldve stuck to our guns from the second on the game wouldve have been a lot closer.

I do agree

Wisconsin is the best team on our slate. Period, end of discussion. That team we played last night will not lose another game, and deserves to be in the top 5. Now, we are close. Look at how we played in the first quarter. Consistency is the key. If we wouldve stuck to our guns from the second on the game wouldve have been a lot closer.

I do agree with that for the most part. I think we are close. We have some very key positions we must improve at....but yeah we can compete with these guys. That's where I say the coaching aspect came into it. Why we didn't open that second half with a healthy dose of the run I don't know. I know the game was already a little out of hand, but I think we were having very good success on the ground. Our coaching staff panicked and the play calling changed for the worse. Pelini's yelling, screaming, and dirty looks obviously didn't give the defense any sort of extra boost of enthusiasm either.

I do agree

I do agree with that for the most part. I think we are close. We have some very key positions we must improve at....but yeah we can compete with these guys. That's where I say the coaching aspect came into it. Why we didn't open that second half with a healthy dose of the run I don't know. I know the game was already a little out of hand, but I think we were having very good success on the ground. Our coaching staff panicked and the play calling changed for the worse. Pelini's yelling, screaming, and dirty looks obviously didn't give the defense any sort of extra boost of enthusiasm either.

Agreed, it looked like we panicked coming out of the locker room. Beck needs to learn that running your true base offense leads to opening up more of your playbook. I'm not claiming I know more than him, or any coach on our staff. That's just the way I saw it last night.

Yes they run the offense we Nebraska fans would love to see our Huskers run. So balanced and efficient. With a great QB like Wilson makes it very explosive and dangerous to go along with the efficiency.

And really, Wisconsin's offense...is the kind of offense we all want, I think.

Meh... I like the offense we have been trying to run, and did run effectively through the first quarter of the game. We gave up on that offense in the second quarter and aired it out, which is NOT the kind of offense I want to see. If we just stay disciplined and honest with ourselves, this offense can be extremely effective, even this year.