Open Letter from The Oakland Police Association

This ill-conceived idea that "the left" somehow hates the military is BS and offensive. "The left" may not support unnecessary wars, but that's very different from hating the military. None of my lefty friends have any hatred for the Military, just unwise applications of military power. I'm an Army veteran and about as far to the left as you're likely to find in the US. I make our current president look like Dick Cheney. Ignorantly labeling protesters as Marxists or anarchists is a sad symptom of the Coulterization of this country's FOX-informed right wing.

Ignorantly labeling protesters as Marxists or anarchists is a sad symptom of the Coulterization of this country's FOX-informed right wing.

Many are self-proclaimed Marxists and anarchists. I didn't label them. It's a sad symptom of the "blame America first" that they are even given any credibility. Pelosi says she loves their enthusiasm. The enthusiasm of the horny Marxists, anarchists and homeless people has forced many OWS sites to set up areas for women only to try and curb rapes.

I find it interesting that these anarchists, Marxists, and insane and/or homeless people have suddenly developed a great love and deep respect for the US military - particularly US Marine veterans. I'm not sure why an injury to war veteran is more tragic than one involving a trust-fund 20-something, But that's just me. I suspect that these same protesters wouldn't urinate on an active duty Marine if he were on fire.

The left has always supported the troops better than the right.

The neocons sent them into war at times with insufficient equipment to die for oil profits, then cut their benefits when they came home.

And yeah... let's start a civil discussion by implying that OWS demonstrators are "anarchists, Marxists, and insane and/or homeless people".

Now, having said that, I am also trying to figure out why anyone is surprised that the Oakland PD used tear gas against what they saw as a dangerous crowd. When you decide to get involved in a riot, bad things can happen on either side of the skirmish line. As Poor Richard said, "When you lie down with dogs, you get up with fleas." Or a cracked skull.

Does this site have a bozo filter (ignore feature)?

why are you calling posters names? simmer down maybe? just sayin

I find it interesting that these anarchists, Marxists, and insane and/or homeless people have suddenly developed a great love and deep respect for the US military - particularly US Marine veterans. I'm not sure why an injury to war veteran is more tragic than one involving a trust-fund 20-something, But that's just me. I suspect that these same protesters wouldn't urinate on an active duty Marine if he were on fire.

The neocons sent them into war at times with insufficient equipment to die for oil profits, then cut their benefits when they came home.

And yeah... let's start a civil discussion by implying that OWS demonstrators are "anarchists, Marxists, and insane and/or homeless people".

Now, having said that, I am also trying to figure out why anyone is surprised that the Oakland PD used tear gas against what they saw as a dangerous crowd. When you decide to get involved in a riot, bad things can happen on either side of the skirmish line. As Poor Richard said, "When you lie down with dogs, you get up with fleas." Or a cracked skull.

Good luck on controlling posters here. It's harder to win arguments when you can't suspend posters just because they disagree with you, isn't it? Just sayin'...

Cactus, read up on commonly used net lingo:

http://www.webopedia...ozo_filter.html

Bozo Filter: A feature supported by many e-mail clients and news readers that enables you to block out messages from specific individuals. The list of addresses that you want to block is called a bozo list or kill file. Bozo filters are one way to reduce flames and spam.

Cactus, read up on commonly used net lingo:

http://www.webopedia...ozo_filter.html

Bozo Filter: A feature supported by many e-mail clients and news readers that enables you to block out messages from specific individuals. The list of addresses that you want to block is called a bozo list or kill file. Bozo filters are one way to reduce flames and spam.

A little anal retentiveness going on here...all you are doing is dignifying the chiding. Man up...

Link please!! We haven't taken a dime form Iraq for all the costs that have incurred so show me some evidence of this!!

Are you saying no marxists or anarchists are in these crowds? Really?

Ah we certainly need one with some of your posts!! :waste

This ill-conceived idea that "the left" somehow hates the military is BS and offensive. "The left" may not support unnecessary wars, but that's very different from hating the military. None of my lefty friends have any hatred for the Military, just unwise applications of military power. I'm an Army veteran and about as far to the left as you're likely to find in the US. I make our current president look like Dick Cheney. Ignorantly labeling protesters as Marxists or anarchists is a sad symptom of the Coulterization of this country's FOX-informed right wing.

So my uncle was wrong when told me he came home from Vietnam and he was sreamed at by hippies and antiwar protestors. Things like Baby killer and murderer, and it was his imagination when they were spitting on him I guess too. :nutz

I know both Marxists and anarchists who are prominently part of the Occupy movement. I don't say that as a pejorative, that's just what they believe. (Also - many anarchists are also pacifists)

It has been my experience that people claiming to be anarchists aren't really that - most of the ones I know or have known are basically upset with the Government but still go to work every day and pay their taxes and rarely do anything worse than what some of the Occupy movement guys are doing - burning stuff and breaking windows. They show up at economic summits throughout the world and are often mistaken for British soccer fans. A surprising number of them probably still live at home. At best, they are people who feel cheated by life but are not going to kill anyone. At worst, however, the real anarchists take steps to kill and create mayhem. When I think of true anarchists, I think of the Unabomber, Timothy McVeigh, and the ELF. I suspect that in a true state of anarchy, the pacifists would be the second group to be killed - after the lawyers. Anyway, we are getting ready to find out when the U.S. exits Iraq exactly what anarchy looks like, in my humble opinion.

As for Marxists. The American kind are normally abundant in college faculty lounges or other education venues. Most are salaried and have tenure. In fact, they often do not reveal their true Marxist bent until they do have tenure. They are often writers or involved in the entertainment industry. Some are millionaires - some are not. They normally do not believe in the distribution of their wealth. They are usually smart enough to know that Marxism is a failure out in the real world. When Marxists come to power in Governments, they usually become totalitarians. The Soviets lasted over 70 years but the failed eventually - but not before killing millions of their own countrymen in order to prove a theory. The DPRK manages to hang on with humanitarian aid while starving its citizens who are not in uniform. Even the Cubans have recently implemented policies that allow private ownership. Want to buy a 1956 Chevy with 900,000 miles in great shape? Even the Chinese are doing things that are more Adam Smith than Karl Marx t...that spinning sound is not the turbines at the Three Gorges Dam - it's Mao spinning in his grave.

So my uncle was wrong when told me he came home from Vietnam and he was sreamed at by hippies and antiwar protestors. Things like Baby killer and murderer, and it was his imagination when they were spitting on him I guess too. :nutz

Those people are wrong. Don't let a bunch of stupid hippies cloud your judgment about us left-wingers. That'd be like thinking all Christians hate our troops because the WBC does.

Those people are wrong. Don't let a bunch of stupid hippies cloud your judgment about us left-wingers. That'd be like thinking all Christians hate our troops because the WBC does.

I was just playing with him because of course a few people do not speak for the whole group. I wanted to show people like you who I knew would say that how ridiculous it is to use those tactics on your oppononents. chuckleshuffle

I was just playing with him because of course a few people do not speak for the whole group. I wanted to show people like you who I knew would say that how ridiculous it is to use those tactics on your oppononents. chuckleshuffle

Ah. Well played, sir, well played.