For those going to Iowa game

Caven

http://www.hawkeyesports.com/gameday/parking-2011.html

Lot K is probably the best general parking tailgate area - it will fill up early. Lot S on the other side of the river also usually has a large amount of tailgating. The green and gold areas right around the stadium will be packed with parties going on - but as you can see those are the reserved lots. I make no guarantees given the way that many Iowa fans feel about Husker fans - but generally if you are polite and friendly you can walk up to a tailgate and start talking to people and end up with an invite to join in.

Unfortunately, the tailgating lots close 3 hours after the game ends and you have to start packing up your tailgating 2 hours after the game ends. Also - you can have open containers at a tailgating site but don't try walking with one. If you step out of the lot you are in, even if it is just to cross to a different lot, they will ticket you.

Right across from lot N is a Heartland Inn. It is where I always used to stay before my friends bought a house big enough for me to crash with them when I go to games. Nice easy walk up to the stadium.

The Hawkeye Express is a pretty cool way to get to the stadium also. I believe there is even some tailgating that happens in the parking lot for the train.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask and I will answer to the best of my knowledge and if I have no clue I will do my best to find out for you.

I'm taking staying at the Days Inn. Is that walking distance?

Fun story, when I called to get rooms they thought the game was Saturday so I got a room on Thursday for like 60 bucks. I spread the word and I guess after they got swamped with calls from people with 402 area codes they figured out the game was Friday and jacked the rates up.

Kind of a long walk but definitely do-able. Monica's a few buildings down from there is a really good Italian place - somewhat similar in meu to Grisantis. Around the corner and a few blocks down First Ave is Iowa River Power - steak and seafood - and a decent sports bar. Don't remember the name of the sports bar but it is in the same building as Iowa River Power.