We lack speed

Apathy

I'll say this again. The speed you lack, is not athletes. It's in the plays themselves.

When the game was over, one of the first things I said was that your players were fast.

When Ohio State played Florida and LSU, our players were as fast, if not faster than the aforementioned teams. It was the playcalling that slowed the team down.

During the kickoff against Florida, no one even remotely caught up to Ted Ginn Jr. Anytime Beanie Wells broke across the D-line against LSU, he either scored a TD or ran for 30+ yards because that's how long it took people to catch up due to angles, or he just outran them.

• Fire 1

Thanks for the continued outsiders perspective, Coqui.

I agree. We get burned a lot on defense and then see criticisms about our speed. But it's not like our guys are slow, or unathletic. Check out that excellent NU/OSU Offense Breakdown those OSU guys did. Ohio State played numbers and exploited different sides of the field. They were able to get numbers advantage and attack, and once that happens, successfully, what are you gonna do? Usain Bolt couldn't run down Braxton Miller from the other side of the field.

It isn't even a case of guys not playing their assignments correctly in many cases. Just an offense that wins the scheme battle, often before the snap.

Our weakside run D is weak to begin with, apparently. OSU shifts our numbers to the strongside with say, trips WRs, drawing our safety over pre-snap, and then attacks the weakside on the run. Ouch!