Some things good, some things bad.

So I'm upset like everyone else but I will say this much. I am glad we kept fighting in this one. You can say we were outcoached all you want but that simply wasn't the game I saw.

The fact in the matter is we need more playmakers on defense. Period. We don't have a dominant guy in the bunch. A coach can only do so much. When it comes down to it though, the coach's are not the ones who have to tackle the other players.

Offensively, Martinez had a rough night but he played with more heart than I've seen in an NU QB in quite awhile. They never quit, even when the chips were down. The still put up 38 points for god sake. That isn't a bad offense. If you would have told me we would put up 38 points this week and lose, I would have laughed in your face. That being said, we also gave them 2 TD's on a platter which I knew we couldn't do.

As a team, they played hard. On this day however, they just got beat by a better, more talented team. This game was winnable, but I was thinking this all week. "If we do not play 4 qtrs of mistake free, hard nose football, we lose. That's what happen. The sun will rise again tomorrow, the world will not end. We have bye week to rest and brew and go take it to Northwestern.

Hard loss to watch but all the same, GO BIG RED!!!