Interesting Video of Dr. Tom Osborne as keynote speaker at 2011 CPSDA Banquet

I was searching for a video on Google and came across this video of Dr. Tom Osborne giving the keynote speech at last years CPSDA Banquet (The video will explain what CPSDA stands for).

Anyway, I thought it was a very good insight into part of the thought process of T.O. during his coaching days, and to what great lengths his players, the team as a whole, and everybody involved with the program was willing to go to be championship winning teams! It's amazing what small, seemingly trivial things can make the difference between being champions and being just another good team! The first part of the video TO touches mainly on Nutrition and how he became involved with it, but the last part he gets into drugs, alcohol, and his championship teams.

For such a soft spoken man, he does command your attention without asking for it!

I think anyone who is a Nebraska Fan for certain, but a football fan in general will find this video to be very interesting and worth the half hour it is in length!

I can only wonder if a video like this would be of value to our current coaching staff, football team, and all of NU's teams? Maybe it would start a little self-reflection in some or many of our student athletes and touch-off a higher interest in learning more about what it takes to be, not just good as an athlete, but to be a champion! Let me say, that i do not believe our student athletes are lacking for motivation, that wanting to be the best of the best... i'm simply saying maybe they aren't aware of everything that they could be doing to make themselves champions? This video doesn't transform people into champions obviously, but it does touch on things that many people may not give much thought to!?