a good week to remember

I think this is a good week to remember that every week half of the teams that play lose. Look at Oklahoma/Texas Penn St./Mich. Missouri/Georgia, Stanford/Utah. Most of us watch these games and cheer on the underdog and think "that was a fun game". To those fan bases they want to fire their coaches and reinvent their "schemes". Some of those teams that won wanted to (still want to) fire their coaches. The bottom line is that good teams are going to lose. The good Ol' days of Nebraska football might be gone, but it isn't just because Nebraska isn't as good as vintage Nebraska. It is in part because any team can beat any team. Sure we might be 75% favorites '(win 75/100 matchups) with a team. But if you put 4-6 of those kind of teams on your schedule you are going to lose 1 or 2 of them. I can't think of any more cliche to put in this post so I will end here. Bottom line--we may be a ways away from Bama--but maybe not so far away from that next tier of teams. Maybe that isn't such a bad place to be.

Have a great week Husker Fans!