Europa Barbaroum 2 - public beta announced

@EBTeam EUROPA BARBARORUM II. Open Beta release date confirmed: August 2014. - The EBII Team

Any fans of the Total War series here? Europa Barbarorum (www.europababarorum.com) is a total conversion modification of the original Rome Total War game. It was an insane amount of effort on all fronts (especially a feverish attention to historical detail).

Europa Barbarorum 2 is the same idea, only it's a mod for Medieval 2: Total War. I never thought it was actually going to get done. Turns out, I might be wrong!

Set starting in 272 BC, 50 years after the death of Alexander, with the wars of his successor generals having just concluded. The Roman Republic are new masters of the Italian peninsula. They're running with the heavyweights now, having repelled the great Pyrrhus of Epirus. Pyrrhus now turns his attention eastward towards Greece and Macedon but observes, according to Plutarch, 'What a wrestling ground we are leaving, my friends, for the Carthaginians and the Romans' (the first Punic War would begin in 264). Rome, of course, are about to curbstomp the entire Mediterranean world, but all of that is, as yet, undecided...

phalanxfailurechaosdeatgs0.jpg

EB1 for Rome Total War. I think this is a dressed up / movie mode screen.

CgteRRB.png

Preview gameplay screen for EB2. Some Italian rebels gettin' the business from the Romans early on, from this pre-release campaign preview.

I'm really excited. There's always been some great and extensive mod work done for RTW and M2TW (I think later iterations in the series proved to be a lot less moddable, or something?...I don't know) and the EB team really stands out.