Official Statement from Athletic Department

Sunday, November 30, 2014, For Immediate Release

University of Nebraska Director of Athletics Shawn Eichorst has dismissed Head Football Coach Bo Pelini effective immediately. Eichorst will be available to the media today at 1:00 p.m. in the West Memorial Stadium 6th floor media area.

Statement from Director of Athletics Shawn Eichorst: "Earlier this morning, I informed Coach Bo Pelini of our decision to move forward in a new direction. Coach Pelini served our University admirably for seven years and led our football program's transition to the Big Ten Conference. We wish Coach Pelini and his wonderful family all the best and thank him for his dedicated service to the University."

Statement from Chancellor Harvey Perlman: "I fully support Shawn's decision to make a change in the leadership of our football program, and wish Bo and his family all of the best. I am confident that Shawn will find the best coach, teacher and fit for this University and for our football program."

Hired as Nebraska's 28th coach on December 2, 2007, Bo Pelini has posted a 67-27 record in his seven years at the helm of the Husker Football Program. The University of Nebraska supports 24 varsity athletics sports, including its football program which has enjoyed success at the highest level winning five national championships, 43 conference championships and 874 victories since 1890 to rank fourth all-time in victories.

I do not like it when anyone losses a job it effects your whole life. I hope coach and his family will be fine. He is a good man. Unfortunately Nebraska football is the only arena where you get fired for winning 9 games and for not winning the right ones. I worried because the last time this occurred we were graced with this professional coach turn college who introduced west coast offense. How long did it take to get our game back on again. I am sorry you need passing games but you need those little beefcakes to bulk up and man handle the opponents like those in yesteryears. Bo had a tough job on and off the field with us Nebraska fans; if we are not ranked in the top ten then the coach has to go. I do not believe in this concept. It is easy to run your mouth in a chat room but there are too many arm chair quarterbacks, coaches, lineman, runningbacks and what ever else. I will miss the coach and wish him and his family continued success and health.

I do not like it when anyone losses a job it effects your whole life. I hope coach and his family will be fine. He is a good man. Unfortunately Nebraska football is the only arena where you get fired for winning 9 games and for not winning the right ones. I worried because the last time this occurred we were graced with this professional coach turn college who introduced west coast offense. How long did it take to get our game back on again. I am sorry you need passing games but you need those little beefcakes to bulk up and man handle the opponents like those in yesteryears. Bo had a tough job on and off the field with us Nebraska fans; if we are not ranked in the top ten then the coach has to go. I do not believe in this concept. It is easy to run your mouth in a chat room but there are too many arm chair quarterbacks, coaches, lineman, runningbacks and what ever else. I will miss the coach and wish him and his family continued success and health.

Sorry sally but when you win 9 games today it doesn't stand up to the standard set by coach Osborne. He won 9 games a year while playing almost 2 fewer games a year. We haven't won a conference championship in years, we have been embarrassed by teams that we needed to be competitive with and we are 1 and 3 against Iowa and Minnesota the last two years. Unacceptable, period. I have been a Bo supporter for the majority of his time at NE but his reluctance to bring quality assistants to the program, his demeanor on the side lines have quite simply left the AD with no choice other than to move on. I wish him well but he will be fine. Its not like you're or mine employer letting us go and maybe giving us a few hundred to go, Bo's a millionaire and is about to get several more million to just go away. He really doesn't ever have to work another day in his life. I'm 68 years old and get up every day and go to work, granted I'm retired and I don't work a lot of hours but I still have to do it. Bo doesn't get a lot of sympathy from me, he and his family will be fine.

T_O_B

• Fire 2