the state of the Fox News

Good Lord.

"GOP lawmakers suggest Petreaus gave misleading information". Not that they have evidence or anything like that. The GOP lawmakers just suggest that he might have. As if we should believe any damn thing that GOP lawmakers have to say about Benghazi at this point.
I think from this point on, Fox News should be known as Faux News.

"GOP lawmakers suggest Petreaus gave misleading information". Not that they have evidence or anything like that. The GOP lawmakers just suggest that he might have. As if we should believe any damn thing that GOP lawmakers have to say about Benghazi at this point.

For some reason they were less interested in covering Benghazi a week ago when the House Intelligence Committee released the results of yet another investigation that showed that there was zero wrongdoing.

What's crazy is that so many people (my father included) lap it all up. Hook, line, and sinker.

An

"GOP lawmakers suggest Petreaus gave misleading information". Not that they have evidence or anything like that. The GOP lawmakers just suggest that he might have. As if we should believe any damn thing that GOP lawmakers have to say about Benghazi at this point. [/size]

For some reason they were less interested in covering Benghazi a week ago when the House Intelligence Committee released the results of yet another investigation that showed that there was zero wrongdoing.

What's crazy is that so many people (my father included) lap it all up. Hook, line, and sinker.

Link to the investigation results?

An

"GOP lawmakers suggest Petreaus gave misleading information". Not that they have evidence or anything like that. The GOP lawmakers just suggest that he might have. As if we should believe any damn thing that GOP lawmakers have to say about Benghazi at this point. [/size]

Link to the investigation results?

https://intelligence.house.gov/sites/intelligence.house.gov/files/documents/Benghazi%20Report.pdf

WASHINGTON (AP) — A two-year investigation by the Republican-controlled House Intelligence Committee has found that the CIA and the military acted properly in responding to the 2012 attack on a U.S. diplomatic compound in Benghazi, Libya, and asserted no wrongdoing by Obama administration appointees.

Debunking a series of persistent allegations hinting at dark conspiracies, the investigation of the politically charged incident determined that there was no intelligence failure, no delay in sending a CIA rescue team, no missed opportunity for a military rescue, and no evidence the CIA was covertly shipping arms from Libya to Syria.

In the immediate aftermath of the attack, intelligence about who carried it out and why was contradictory, the report found. That led Susan Rice, then U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, to inaccurately assert that the attack had evolved from a protest, when in fact there had been no protest. But it was intelligence analysts, not political appointees, who made the wrong call, the committee found. The report did not conclude that Rice or any other government official acted in bad faith or intentionally misled the American people.

The House Intelligence Committee report was released with little fanfare on the Friday before Thanksgiving week. Many of its findings echo those of six previous investigations by various congressional committees and a State Department panel. The eighth Benghazi investigation is being carried out by a House Select Committee appointed in May.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/ecc3a300383445d5a90dd6ca764c9e15/house-intel-panel-debunks-many-benghazi-theories

The eighth Benghazi investigation is being carried out by a House Select Committee appointed in May.

Crap, I was wrong. I told my dad that after 10 investigations, you'd think they would have found something by now.

I guess the next two will do the trick?

• 2 weeks later...

Perhaps we should have General Carter Ham and Admiral Charles M. Gayouette testify.